Subject: timeing of favors, third colum early turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Moody
United States
California
flag msg tools
just checking to see if i have an interpertation correct:

the 3rd colum of the favor track cannot be played into untill you "begin building the walls"... does this mean you wait untill the balif has reached that part of the road? or can one get into the 3rd colum early by building enugh batches to push the build into the walls?

now, i know its been shown as an example that one cannot push into that 3rd colum druing the scoreing of the dungeon... but, the "most batches produced" reward happens after the build, and, by my understanding, one scores the dungeon imediatly once its been fully compleated and you push up into the walls, makeing it seem posible to get that third colum of favor on the same turn as the dungeon being finished, simply by useing the very last favor gratend in the round....

or am i makeing an error somewhere along the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played it as the turn after we have scored the dungeons.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure I got a clarification on that point about three years ago, but I can't remember where or who from!

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiing Lin
Taiwan
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"most batches produced" reward happens on phase 6 - Building of the castle, but "scoring of a castle section" happens on Phase 7 - End of the turn. With that "after the scoring of the Dungeon section" should start at next turn because phase 7 is the last phase of one turn.
The example provided in the rule book is correct.
Have I answered your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Q: What are you getting favor from the king for?
A: Building that part of the castle.

Quid Pro Quo - you don't get that kind of favor until you do that kind of work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The counting of players' batches happens during phase 7 of a turn (i.e. before the next turn has started). So you resolve the batch favors for counted sections before moving on to the next turn. If the Dungeon had just been counted you could advance to the 3rd favor column during the next turn. If the Walls section had just been counted, you could advance to the 5th favor column during the next turn.

From the rulebook:

Quote:
Once the bailiff has moved, place the provost on the space the bailiff has just reached. Then, see if a count is necessary: if the bailiff, during his move, reached or went past Dungeon count, Walls count, Towers count spaces, or if a section has been completed during this turn, proceed to count (in any case, there will only be one count per section).

Then, a new turn begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.