Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one find stairs in this game? We couldn't find this info in the rulebook. Do we roll for it or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marvac wrote:
How does one find stairs in this game? We couldn't find this info in the rulebook. Do we roll for it or what?
Did you check the quick start rules? IIRC, they actually cover some stuff in there (and not in the rulebook oddly enough)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning or end of your turn, you can search for stairs by rolling a D12. On a 1-3, you find stairs; anything else you don't. There can only be one set of stairs down from each floor (with the exception of a Screw This! card that adds one).

In the case of Searching for Stairs, though, it IS in the rules, just in a not-quite-obvious place. On page 9, there is a green sidebar on the right-hand side (right below Elan) that talks about it.

(Note: Vaarsuivius' Tingling Senses (or whatever it's called) Schtick has an errata; instead of adding to the die roll, it adds to the the number you need to roll. (Adding to the die roll would make the stairs HARDER to find).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found them. After downloading the rulebook, my friends has the game, I went through it a few more times and it was in the little green section to the side.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
(Note: Vaarsuivius' Tingling Senses (or whatever it's called) Schtick has an errata; instead of adding to the die roll, it adds to the the number you need to roll. (Adding to the die roll would make the stairs HARDER to find).

This is why when I taught the game to my friends, I just told them you needed to roll a 10-12 to find stairs, instead of 1-3. People automatically associate rolling high with succeeding, and then I don't have to change V's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco D
msg tools
There is also a dungeon room called "emergency exit",

if you draw this room then stairs are immediately placed below it, which could cause 2 sets of stairs to appear on one floor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.