Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Mesaric
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently played a game of Evo with friends who own a German edition of this game. Then I read info about the game here on bgg and was baffled. There is a mutant gene? There was no mutant gene showing up in our entire game. As I feel this is highly improbable: Is it possible that the German edition doesn't include mutant genes? Plus the tiebreaker when tails had equal length was rolling dice. On bgg it seems that the original rules state the player with the smaller amount of dinos goes first.

Does anyone have infos on this? Are there major differences between different (language) editions? What editions are there anyway? If I consider buying a copy online (ebay or marketplace) what details do I have to ask for to know which edition I'm dealing with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but the mutation gene definitly is in the german edition (makes it cheaper to buy other parts).
I think the die is the tie-breaker, when two players have the same tail-length *and* the same number of dinos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Mutant Gene is the rarest, maybe you just did not drew it.

Initiative is due to: longest tail, if tied fewer dinos alive, if still tie random roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.