Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9 people tried to answer this time. only 3 people got the correct answer:

There is no such tile for the colony of Quilon with the combination of ginger & pepper (Green & white).

The winner of is kaiser who won 9.77GG

Thank you to duchamp who contributed 5GG to the contest

Thank you for all of you who took part in the contest.

This contest draw a lot less attention then the one before.
Is it because it was harder? less interesting? Less known game? people liked the the first riddle since it was a new concept?
What can I do to draw more attention to the riddles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I suspect I'm not the only one who simply doesn't know the game in question and thus doesn't feel like there's any point trying to solve it unless I'm willing to track down the game and learn its rules, which is too much work to solve a one-off puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the rules of the game I didn`t know and tried hard to find out - phes, it was just too hard for me to even try to give an answer.

I guess a better result for you would be, if you hide several mistakes and share the between all right answers. Thus you give a chance to people who do not know the game by heart.

Take a real well known game played by many people right now (have a look at the hot list and check - Dominion:Intrigue, Agricola, Steam, Automobile for instance - create a game situation with three mistakes in there (one easy to find, one not that easy, one for the hardcore fan of the game). Shout out how much is there to win! Tell people, each correct guess wins (the easy one 1 , the medium 3 , the hard one 5 ), until the pot runs out. So, people will have a reason to be fast and correct all three correct for 9

Or something like that.

Here is some for the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in a sense you are saying. it is simply a matter of the game in hand. One game can result in many more answers while other games with less. It is how many people know it, and it is not a matter of getting "bored" with the idea of the riddle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:
So in a sense you are saying. it is simply a matter of the game in hand. One game can result in many more answers while other games with less. It is how many people know it, and it is not a matter of getting "bored" with the idea of the riddle.

Exactly. For me anyway. I'd be happy and interested to try solving such puzzles for games I actually know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leger
United States
Edgewood
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:

Definitely. I wanted to participate in the first one, too, and I've even played Notre Dame twice, but I just didn't know enough about it to get the answer or even have a reasonable guess.

Another thing I noticed about this second riddle was that it seemed to disappear from the front page rather quickly - I just happened to see it while it was briefly up and thumbed the post to try keeping it up. Maybe if interested parties respond to the thread with when they guess or how many errors they saw or thumb it more people would see the list.

I also definitely agree with having different levels of riddle, if possible. Goa is one of my favorite games, but I haven't memorized which combinations are present in the colonies and had to look at my player score-cards to get that. I was also guessing there would be tiles removed from the bidding area that could not have legally been or other rules violations but just didn't see any.

I'd also like to see these continue, so here's the bag to roll over into the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played Goa once, so I ventured a guess. A wrong one.
But it was fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.