Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve C.
United States
Hudson
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During a game last night my opponent had the Quietus Spike and equipped it to some creature and attacked with the creature, then I played some vines card so he couldn't untap a creature, so he couldn't get another chance with the spike right away. Then he tried to pay the equip cost to put the spike on another creature of his so he could still attack with it. I didn't think that was right. (he still won the game, Damn 9/9)

Is it legal to move equipment between creatures? Even if it's tapped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Aaronson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but only during your first or second main phase. So, if you waited until he declared his attack phase to play the Vines card he would have to wait until next turn to attack with a different creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can move equipment between creatures by paying the Equip cost.
However, This can only be done "whenever you could play a Sorcery" (my phrase). So, not during combat or in the middle of a stack, etc.
Whether the creature is tapped or not is irrelevant, (unless the cards say differently).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Foulds
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
designer
Come play games at Newcastle Gamers!
badge
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe it is legal to transfer equipment. You simply pay the equip cost to equip the artifact to another creature, BUT you can only do it as if it were a SORCERY. Therefore, you can't switch equipment in the middle of combat like an instant. The rules are explained here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_the_gathering_rules#Equip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
No rulebook handy, but don't you need to pay to unequip it first, then equip it again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
No rulebook handy, but don't you need to pay to unequip it first, then equip it again?

Nope. You actually can't unequip, if you don't want a creature to have a certain equipment and you have no other creatures you are stuck with the creature being equipped.

You can equip a creature only on your main phases when no spell is in the stack (in sum, whenever you could play a sorcery).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.