Subject: Need a few basic answers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross B
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Sorry for being lazy and not searching for the answers, just a bit tight on time.

Here are the questions:

1. how long is set up time?
2. how long does it take to play a full game?
3. are there either short scenarios, or a short learning game for this?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. 30 minutes.
2. 4+ hours
3. You can go with a premade map (available on FFGs website) and play to less victory points, the game will behave differently in a shorter game, but you can still learn the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The 4+ hours can be a bit generous, especially for first time players. It largely depends on how many there are. A typical 4-player game for me tends to take more like 5 or 6 hours (depending on the players). I've not had a chance to really play a 6 player game, but I can imagine it would take even longer, especially if players are new.

As georgeofjungle3 says though, one way to shorten the game is to play to less victory points. Age of Empires can make the game shorter as it's easier to make long-term plans for objectives, since they are all available to see. Artifacts (from the expansion) can also decrease game time as they inject a few more points into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Setup for 1st timers is 45 min. Use the perset maps and do this before people get there.

Games take 1 hr per player plus 30 min for every newbie. The game plays well with 3 and 4 players and I suggest this to start.

Leave out all options and use the shattered empire strategy cards.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Murphy
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malloc wrote:

Leave out all options and use the shattered empire strategy cards.

And remember if you use the Shattered Empire strategy cards that FFG recommends you play to 9 points rather than 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.