Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would really appreciate some comments on the following:

QFTDL first edition consisted four colors of miniatures
although they did not look 100% fit as comparason with other plastic miniature game boards, once they appeared on the board, it made a amazing multi color game..

QFTDL second edition consisited four little miniature colors,
this time there was a great improvement on the looks, also the
four colors looked great. The size was reduced.

In between,
the Crystal Power expansion added two more little minis
for the second edition, but when we tried to include them as expansion
on the first edition miniatures, the size comparason was a major set back.

In your opinion, which version was better when it came to colorful miniatures ?

first edition ? four colors ? all same size.
second edition ? six colors ? all same size.

Regards, John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: First edition VS seodn edition miniatures
I'm very happy to see there still may be some interest in maintaining this unique game. I never saw the first edition figs but have the second edition plus the Crystal Shards expansion. The figs for the six races in those are great! I would definitely stick with them.

There are other questions you did not ask but I'm going to answer them anyway.

Continue to provide pewter minis for any and all of the figs you choose to but offer them as optional extras only!

Obtain plastic figs for the advanced units of all six races, in their respective colours. How they are to be distributed is up to you (upgrade packs for the owners of the current edition of the advanced expansion?), and include those in all future printings of the advanced expansion.

Resolve the discrepancies in the artwork between the basic game and the two expansions - and I highly recommend that you go back to the very striking black and red box art, and carry that through to the card backs etc. You had a unique game in a unique and striking box. I think you would be wise to return to the original format.

Thanks for asking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see some new discussions of this game still going on. I've had a copy for the last couple years but sadly not played it yet. I'd really like to see the Crystal expansion get released in a 2nd edition to match the base game 2nd edition. As I understand the cards don't match at all. And the race power board needs upgrading. Though there was a PDF with the changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played with both, I prefer the second edition/CoP set.

I managed to re-make the CoP cards to match 2nd ed using PC technology, so that wasn't a problem.

Painting pewter from AQ is not a problem for me as such, but it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the game.

Many have said the 1st ed box is cooler, but that the 2nd ed box is more practical sales-wise. My advice would be a 1st-ed style box, but with printed colour covers shrink-wrapped over the front & back for use in the shops. Once you open it, these fall away, leaving the coll version of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Gitton
France
Dardilly
- SELECT -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello i'm lloking for the second edition of this game, so if you know someone who wants to sell it, please tell me. I'm living in France but i have a kind of postal addess in USA, i can pay with paypal also.
Regards
Laurent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.