Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! I brought Descent in April and finally have enough people interested in playing our first game. It will be a full 5 player game. I see there are 19 pages of files here and wanted to know what are some of the best and must have player aids? I want to make this an easy and fun time for everyone so they will get hooked and i'll have a regular descent group! Right now i just have the base set, but will purchase the rest of the expansions if i can get the players hooked on it! =D

Also I read there were a few erratas/revisions to rules/cards to descent for older printings(assuming I have an older once since purchased in April this year). Where can I find these changes?

Thanks everyone, look forward to your responses =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Kenneth,

I would recommend the Descent Merged & Reorganized Rulebook file found here on the Geek. I would also recommend going to FFG and download the FAQ's they have for rule clarifications. (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=479&epn...)

Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by "a full 6 player game?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks that looks way more organized than the regular rulebook! Will print me out a copy of it.

Do you have any idea a good Hero/OL Player Aids? I was thinking about this one on headlesshollow. Is there a better one? or one that most people prefer to use?

http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html#des

Edit:
Heh was a typo, meant 5 players =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hayek
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you go to the Descent page on BGG, click (or scroll down to the) Files, click on HOT in the Files Section RH corner. I printed the following files (and have them listed by what page they are on when sorted by HOT):

Page 1:
Descent Merged & Reorganized Rulebook
Descent Hero Reference.pdf (gave 1 to each hero)
Descent_Rules_Ref.pdf (very handy as it lists all the effects in an easy to read reference)
Descent Line of Sight Cribsheet (handy for those tough LOS questions)

Page 3:
Descent Overlord Quick Ref v2.pdf (for the OL to quickly scan)

If you get them hooked and they want to play more and more often, I would also suggest printing and laminating the following:

Page 2:
Town Marker Replacement
Descent Overlord Player Mat
8.5x11 version of Major Sholto's Ultimate Big Ass Player Mat for Little Ass Printers

This makes the table look real nice when playing.

And, don't forget a copy of the FAQ's from the FFG website as someone stated above.

Also note that when you click on a file and go back to the files page, you have to hit "HOT" again to resort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thayek12 wrote:
And, don't forget a copy of the FAQ's from the FFG website as someone stated above.

This really cannot be stressed enough. Get the FAQ, read it before playing and have it handy while playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also suggest a copy of anything by Universal Head, either here, in each game files section, or you can pick up a copy at www.headlesshollow.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei Gartinski
Jordan
Amman
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Universal Head summary sheets are by far the best player aid for Descent you can get. I have been playing with them since my first game, and have never had to look into the rule book again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks everyone for the help. First game is tomorrow, hope these will help me get players hooked into playing it weekly =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.