A Game of Thrones: A Clash of Kings Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Any spoilers in game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about picking this expansion up for my gaming group to open up the number of players that can play. The Clash of Kings expansion is also a possibility. We have people who have started reading the books as a result of playing the base board game, and one has only finished the initial book. Should I be concerned about exposing him to spoilers with either expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any spolers in game?
Certain characters appear on house cards that may not be introduced yet with the first book. But you dont necessarily have to use those house cards at all and even if you do, it doesnt tell you anything on whats going to happen in the books. Characters seem to be chose rather randomly anyways, it doesnt say much about how important a character really is, plot-wise.

Other than that I think the game is pretty spoiler-free, but maybe someone else can think of something to better be aware of.

What I'd say is, no hesitation of buying an expansion spoiler-wise. The game pretty much starts right before the first book starts anyways, and you are playing an alternative version of the story the books tell - see it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was hoping. I just remember the blasted card game, which did everything from flagging characters as "doomed" to including excerpts. I didn't want to pick up the game if one of the cards had an action of imagine of someone killing someone else from the books, or anything like that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.