1 Posts

The Bucket King» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
by Patrick Korner

I’m becoming a real fan of this one – it has that perfect mixture of luck and skill, much like 6 Nimmt! If you lose, you blame your cards, and if you win you claim the credit for your masterful skill. It’s great fun and well worth playing.

This game featured a full six-player complement, including Anca, Rob, David, Rick, Marie, and myself. We dealt out the cards and got busy building our magnificent bucket creations.

At this point, I’d like to venture that it’s possible to tell something about people’s psychological makeup based on the style of bucket-building they prefer. I don’t know what it all means, but I noticed that some people placed their buckets both right side up and upside down, some people had them all upside down, and some all right side up. Some pyramids were tightly packed, some were spread out wide. Some were neat and tidy, some were sloppy and unkempt. I think I’m going to request funding from the government to study this phenomenon further – preferably in Hawaii.

Back to the game. It ended up being the usual mix of groans, cheers, and accusations. Play of the game: Rob, sitting to Marie’s right, led a round by playing THREE grey cards totalling FIFTEEN. Marie, so sad to say, did not have enough grey to withstand this cruel and unusual punishment. Unfortunately for Marie, her only remaining grey bucket was the centre bucket in the bottom row. You know what that means…yup, she had to lose a whopping TEN buckets. I think that’s a new record, folks.

‘Evil’ Rob kept Marie in his clutches like a cat playing with a mouse. Not content with the vicious bucket-tragedy above, he kept hammering at her, resulting in the not-so-surprising result of Marie being rendered bucketless first. Poor, poor Marie. I vowed to punish ‘Evil’ Rob for his uncouth behaviour, and proceeded to knock him out second, winning the game. Okay, I got lucky a couple of times, but recall the winner’s prerogative above: it’s all skill baby!

Scores:

*Patrick* 6 buckets left
Anca 5 buckets left
David 5 buckets left
Rick 3 buckets left
‘Evil’ Rob 0 buckets left
Marie 0 buckets left

Ratings:

Patrick 7
Anca 7.5
David 7
Rick 7
Rob 8
Marie 8

Another fine game. I don’t think I’ve had a non-enjoyable session of this one yet – even when your cards suck and you lose, it’s still fun to play.

That’s all for me, folks! You’ve been a great audience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.