Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
We seem to be having some problems in our local game at lunch at work in a long string of actions remembering what people choose for their choices. By the time they have gotten through 4-5 action cards, they cannot remember what they did with the Tribute or Pawn (Especially as we are playing fast.)

I would like to request if someone could do a couple of half sized cards to help track these. (My photoshop died with my OS update.)

I am thinking of something that can either be printed on artscow (780x1081 pixels minimum) or as a pdf. Perhaps the central token could be sized so it also could be cut out into 1 inch circles with a circle punch or as 1 inch squares.

If a half sized card I am thinking of cutting the card in half to distinguish from real cards:

---------------------------
| | |
| | |
| + 2 Actions | +2 Gold |
| | |
| | |
---------------------------

The token cards should be generic enough to be used in multiple different cards, and just say +2 Gold, or +2 Actions or whatever.

The cards I see that might need "Token Cards" are:

Tribute:
+ 2 Actions
+ 2 Gold
+ 2 Cards

Nobles:
+ 3 Cards
+ 2 Actions

Steward:
+ 2 Cards
+ 2 Gold
+ 2 Trashed Cards

IronWorks: (Not quite as necessary, but might as well)
+ 1 Action
+ 1 Gold
+ 1 Card

Minion:
+ 2 Gold
+ 4 Cards, others to 4 cards

Mining Village:
+ 2 Gold (Special version with proxy card for 2 actions since the card was trashed.)

Pawn:
+ 1 Action
+ 1 Gold
+ 1 Card
+ 1 Buy

So in summary, I am thinking of some half cards of the following types:

4 Each: 8 Each: 4 Each:
+ 1 Action + 2 Actions
+ 1 Gold + 2 Gold
+ 1 Card + 2 Cards + 3 Cards
+ 1 Buy + 2 Buys

4 each: 2 Trashed Cards, +2 Gold with 2 proxy actions

(The +2 Buys is for future use?)

I am not sure how useful this would be to others. I was hoping it would be easy to just whip out pretty quickly, so I thought I would ask. I suppose I could just write them down on some slips of paper, but the graphics should be easy to grab of some sort.

So if anyone would be willing to do this as a set of jpgs, or perhaps also a pdf, this would be fantastic. I can give you some of what little gold I have and also any tips that come to this thread.

Sterling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused, why is there any memory of past cards required?

You play Tribute, you take your cards, treasures, or add 2 to your action count right away.
You play Nobles, you take your cards or add 2 to your action count right away.

You don't remember it, because you have to do it immediately, before you do anything else with your other actions.

The action count is the only one that could be forgotten, which is why some of us always speak it out loud. Much harder to forget something when you keep saying "I have 2 actions left... Play x.. Now I have 4 actions left, play Y, 3 actions left, play Z, 2 actions left..."

edit: We speak the buys, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We use counters. Red counters are actions, gold counters are coins, blue counters are buys.

Gain a red and blue counter at the start of your turn and gain and spend the counters as needed during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
You play Tribute, you take your cards, treasures, or add 2 to your action count right away.

The action count is the only one that could be forgotten

Why couldn't how many coins you have be forgotten just as easily?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group plays the Action cards like a pyramid, starting at the top and working down. It works by playing your next action card on the card that give the bonus actions. On cards with +2 action there would be 2 card side by side on them.

You can tell when your out of actions because all the exposed cards will not have +actions on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Why couldn't how many coins you have be forgotten just as easily?

Yeah, that too I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
We use counters. Red counters are actions, gold counters are coins, blue counters are buys.

Gain a red and blue counter at the start of your turn and gain and spend the counters as needed during your turn.
That would probably work.

Basically, because once the people here get to the end, they are counting up gold, and they end up counting gold they do not have, or whatever.

So I should probably just bring in some cubes to track gold/actions/whatever.

Probably less trouble than cards. Oh, well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
What kinds of chains are y'all making? In the 25+ games I've played, we've only lost track of our actions maybe five times, and each time it was a quick and simple measure to go back and recount them based off of the cards in front of us. The chits, markers, pyramids, and extra cards seem like a lot more trouble than they're worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you need tokens for +Cards? Just take the cards immediately, and later in the turn it won't matter how many +Cards you got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I was over thinking this.

Let cards be taken. Add a few cubes for extra gold, actions, or buys, and be done with it.

It seemed like a good idea at the time. I will have to rethink it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
We always make a point of speaking aloud what's happening, so nobody ever gets confused.

Someone always announces; 1 Action left, 1 buy and 1 extra coin.

As more activities fall, we simply announce the current total. It just becomes automatic after a while, and is very useful when teaching new players.

We've never had a need for counters or the like, and I can honestly say we've been confused around 2-3 times in total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.