Subject: Marriage and declaring victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrick Aud
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we have been playing "marriage" (and "vizier") is to have the player return to his or her origin at the end of the turn. If this is indeed how these statuses are played, what happens if you are married and the origin is outside of Baghdad? Can you still declare victory, and then go to the origin city, or does the status "resolve" first and send you to the origin before you can try and win the game? Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
GKeepaDA wrote:
The way we have been playing "marriage" (and "vizier") is to have the player return to his or her origin at the end of the turn. If this is indeed how these statuses are played, what happens if you are married and the origin is outside of Baghdad? Can you still declare victory, and then go to the origin city, or does the status "resolve" first and send you to the origin before you can try and win the game? Thanks for the help!

I believe that you're playing wrong. Marriage and Vizier don't automatically move you. It's just that once you do an encounter in another city, on a later turn you must return to your home before you can enter any other cities. No teleporting allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Aud
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That definitely makes a lot more sense. The wording on the cards seemed kind of vague to me, especially since I never played the original. I figured we had to be doing something wrong blushblush. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.