Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my new Agricola in the mail. Time to commence pimping.

Any Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resource stickers and animeeples of some sort. Mine are sculpy, with sheep by my wife. Other than that, I might not do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb

My buddy Adam's (adambaig) animeeples. He says they're made of Fimo, but I'm pretty sure the main ingredient is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gische
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I've done is to replace the animals with animeeples. I think this adds the most value because otherwise players were constantly confused about whether the brown or the black cubes were the cows/boars. That confusion is gone when they are shaped.

The rest of the resources work perfectly well without any pimping. I've played with a set that had the resource stickers on it, and they discs didn't stack all that well anymore. That ended any desire I had to use the stickers on my own set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the animeeples are the most important thing to get - they alone make the biggest difference in having your player board look like a farmyard.

I originally got the animals and veggies from lookout games, and then supplemented that with a set of meeples to replace the farmer discs, and a set of "euro tokens" from Mayday games, which includes brick, wood, stone, reed, and food. This week, I got the new "seasons" player boards from lookout, but have yet to play with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bess A.
United States
Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We stickered our resource tokens, family members and animal cubes using the files available in the file section here on the Agricola page (resource tokens here and my own design for the animals and family here.

But the difference is that we used water-slide decal paper (prints on your home printer). It was a bit fiddly, but I got it all done in a weekend, and the results are fantastic. The images are crisp and nice, but the texture of the nice wood tokens isn't screwed up by papery label-stock. No stacking issues, in fact, you can even feel the woodgrain texture on the tokens where it was more pronounced. Maintaining the wood-texture was really important to my husband, which got me thinking of the decals, and I feel it was well worth it.

My only suggestion, whether you sticker with label or waterslide decal, is to trim smaller than the surface first! It is so much harder to trim labelstock or decals once they are attached to your wood piece. Ask me how I know

I love seeing all the pics of cutesy animals made of sculpey/fimo, and maybe someday I'll make my own, but I just wanted to get into the game. Maybe some day when I've finished pimping some other games (I've got miniatures to paint!) I'll do more with Agricola. For now, cubes store better, they've been cutified, I'm done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.