Subject: Put "Next Message" Link at the Bottom of the Page rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
It is great that we can now advance to the next unread subscription, but scrolling back to the top for each one is a pain, especially when we are almost certainly at the bottom after reading all the messages. It would be great to have a "next" link at the bottom of the page as well.

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I see one in the lower right corner...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't the first time this has come up. Perhaps that says the icon needs to be a little brighter and more visible. I have to say, it looks to me like a print-the-page icon. (Yes, I know what it's supposed to depict.)

It might also be more visible if it wasn't hanging out by its lonesome. Some of the top-of-page controls might be usefully duplicated at the bottom to make bottom controls as a whole more visible. I think of Printer Friendly, Subscribe, Bookmark, and the various Tag controls--how do you know how to tag it until you're read it?

It also is not at the bottom of the home BGG page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't solve the specific complaint you guys are voicing, but it's a nice tip anyway ... if you hit the "Home" key on the keyboard, the web page will automatically scroll to the top. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
I see one in the lower right corner...

I didn't even see that. Thanks! Duplicating the text and icon at the top would be much more logical though. That is what I was looking for and my eyes didn't even see the icon you mentioned until now.

Either way, I am glad to know about it!

EDIT: I guess it is the same icon.... Adding the "Next:" text might help. Though some of us may be hopeless.

Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Colburn
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My reply is similar, but I don't think it's been addressed before: I think it would be great if the (or at least a) 'Subscribe/Unsubscribe' link/button was down there next to the 'Next New Subscription' button. Only because I often get to the end of a thread and think 'Hey, I'd love to see what happens next in this crazy cool thread!' and then have to scroll ALL THE WAY BACK UP TO THE TOP.

I know it's a little thing, but it seems like the logical place for it to be: I subscribe to a thread AFTER reading it, not before.

I should also say that I LOVE the new subscription system and that it has changed the way I use the Geek. Way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.