Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Lovely [+] [View All]
Andrew SM
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many many thanks to Carl Hilinski for this masterpiece. Can't wait for it to arrive!

May I present to you, Catfish Pie:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaah, yours must be from the same batch as mine (which is called Carefree). I just got it today and it's gorgeous.

Right now I'm killing time until the family is ready to give it it's inaugural play (for which I must wait for some crappy TV show to end. How lame is that?). Good to see that my board's brother is going to as enthusiastic an owner as mine did. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew SM
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, congrats on Carefree! I am still waiting for mine to arrive, but already have several game sessions lined up. One Canadian friend is completely floored that I knew about the game, and has never seen such a fine board. She can't wait to come over. My regular game group (euros mostly), is completely bewildered and can't wait to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

I have one on the way, too!

Mine's a Stan board, though.

http://www.hilinski.net/woodgames/crokinole_gallery/Turncoat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
this board seems to play really fast...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:
Nice.

That's a beautiful design.

If I decided to order one, would I need to put a down payment on it, or all up front, or ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew SM
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay before shipping, after seeing an image of the board for approval, no down payment. I paid a little early, as I asked for some changes in the middle of the process. Carl was incredibly accommodating and patient with my requests. Very highly recommended experience if it's in your budget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
Neverfade wrote:
Nice.

That's a beautiful design.

If I decided to order one, would I need to put a down payment on it, or all up front, or ???

Thanks!

I REALLY like the 'clean' look of the boards made of maple. I had to have one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Blanchet
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. I just got mine about a week ago. It's "Companion". Stan and Carl make some awesome boards. Couldn't be happier.

Already logged 40+ games myself. What an absolute blast, everyone that's played it has really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are all beautiful boards (particularly catfish pie!). How long did it take for them to arrive after placing your order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, oooh. I can't help but show off too. The awesomeness of these boards cannot be denied. Worth every penny. Enjoy!

Mine: cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew SM
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
Those are all beautiful boards (particularly catfish pie!). How long did it take for them to arrive after placing your order?

About 4 weeks. Mine took 6 because I asked for revisions on some of the stains he originally used. Carl did this without batting an eye. Great service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Blanchet
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked "Companion" off the for sale page on a Friday night I think. I had Carl change out the middle stone to a different color. My payment went through that weekend, the board was at my house on thursday or friday of the following week. (Can't remember exactly, but it was pretty quick.)

I think I only live a state or two away though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the look of Garbo, and my birthday's coming up soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are all you guys playing the game on the ground?
Don't you have any tables?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Walker
United States
Bastrop
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My new board named Revenge.

http://www.hilinski.net/woodgames/crokinole_gallery/Revenge....;http://www.hilinski.net/woodgames/crokinole_gallery/Revenge....
>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Blanchet
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was admiring "Revenge" earlier today. Had I planned on hanging mine in my basement and not my kitchen, I would have gone that route. Love the all black with the white lines and red 20 hole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InnocentCriminal wrote:
I was admiring "Revenge" earlier today. Had I planned on hanging mine in my basement and not my kitchen, I would have gone that route. Love the all black with the white lines and red 20 hole.

Yeah, I was tempted by Revenge. It certainly is one of the coolest looking boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's mine. It is a variant of a famous board.

Aren't you guys amazed how shiny the board is in real life compared to the picture?

And Tim that is quite an impressive amount of plays in such short time.
Do you count the difference in points scored each round when playing to a 100?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Why are all you guys playing the game on the ground?
Don't you have any tables?

Most of us are actually posting pix that were taken by one of the Hilinskis themselves. If you take a look at the url of the picture that I posted above for Dervish, you will notice that it actually points at hilinski.net. In other words, I didn't take that photo and it has not been uploaded to BGG. It is hosted on another site (the board manufacturer's).

That being said, I don't think they actually took a photo of it sitting on the ground. Based on the depth perception going on in the photo, it looks to me like they set it on a small table, which is then hidden in the photo due to the angle of perspective of the shot. I would guess that at some point between finishing the board and packing it up, they just took it outside (where there tends to be a lot more light) and took a photo for the website and didn't bother to set it up in an action location just set it up with a good angle to take the shot while standing without having to climb on anything.

Mystery solved.

Btw, I can confirm that the board in the picture taken by a Hilinski above is in fact the exact one-of-a-kind board named Dervish, which now hangs in my library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schwa
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are nice looking. I want one! I thought, "Hey I can build one of these." Went to their how-we-build section on their website... Yeah I don't know about it now... Lots of effort put into those boards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cruxford wrote:
Those are nice looking. I want one! I thought, "Hey I can build one of these." Went to their how-we-build section on their website... Yeah I don't know about it now... Lots of effort put into those boards!

If I tried to make one it would look like ash (because I'd be so frustrated I'd set it on fire.) I put some games up in a Geeklist auction to raise the money to buy one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.