Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules seem to indicate that everyone starts with a visitor card of their own ("each player is dealt a 5 card at random and reveals it"), but then seems to say that there is a common stack ("The player choosing [the lead tour action] leads visitors to the sites corresponding to those displayed on the topmost visitor card..."

Which is the correct interpretation? Does each player have a visitor card that they know they will play next? Or are all players looking at a single 'topmost' card which will be played by only one of the them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Every player has an own visitor card. The card on the common stock is face open, so that a every player sees at beginning of his turn which card he'll get, if he chooses 'leading the tour'.

After finishing the action 'leading the tour' the player discards the visitor card and draws a new one. This new card is placed on the discarded card. So every player has an own stack. Maybe 'on his own visitor card' or 'on his own active visitor card' would be better than 'on the topmost visitor card' (I don't know, because my English is a bit poor).

For gameplay it doesn't matter if each player keeps his discarded cards separately or throw it into the box. But it's nice to for statistic, to see if a player should have more built or more lead tours.

Best, Guenter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for the quick reply! I just got this yesterday and look forward to playing with my group tomorrow night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.