Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty much down with the rules, but the rule on loss cubes and the example given don't seem to match.

The rule book says:
"The first occupied space receives no loss points, the next occupied space receives one loss point, the next one two loss points and so on."

However in the example on page 8, it says the first TWO occupied spaces receive 0 points.
"Yellow would take no loss points, neither would red."

Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each value class is done separately.

Yellow leads the low value cars, gets no loss, there are no others to take loss cubes.

Red leads the middle value cars, gets no loss, green and blue are also middle value, they get loss cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I missed the "in each price range" phrase. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I thought that was a bit confusing the first time I looked at the example and read the rules. But its consistent and closer reading of the rules clears it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Huesken
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a copy of Key Town! Got a copy for trade?
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that you don't give up the cubes after paying your losses.... you keep the black cubes and pay for them every loss phase. The only way to get rid of the cubes is by choosing Sloan or Chrysler. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shiny Blue Robot wrote:
We've been playing that you don't give up the cubes after paying your losses.... you keep the black cubes and pay for them every loss phase. The only way to get rid of the cubes is by choosing Sloan or Chrysler. Is that correct?

That's correct.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also lose half your cubes rounded up when you close a factory.

We played this for the first time Wednesday night and this may be the first game I've ever played the first time without doing something wrong.

Of course I may not know we did something wrong until later. But I always reread the rules after the first play and I couldn't find anything we did wrong.
That in itself is a unique experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shiny Blue Robot wrote:

That's not correct.

That is to say, you don't lose the cubes when you pay for losses, but you DO lose half rounded up for closing a factory space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Huesken
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a copy of Key Town! Got a copy for trade?
mbmbmbmbmb
aaah, I missed that part about the factory closing. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.