Popular Tags: [View All]
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In honor of you CCotD stint -- ok maybe cause the bad week we both seem to be having -- I decided to revive my career as a personal baker. Since I enjoy baking and cooking for people. It makes me happy. And it means I love you. In that nice friend kind of way. Except for when it doesn't. But in this case it does.

For the littlest Wiles I have baked some scrumptious bread.
It is quite good. I had a mini loaf size roll size bit of dough left. Had to make certain that it was up to standards after all.

For you and Jeff -- Well I shall unveil my newest recipe -- The Nilla Wafer Chocolate Raspberry Surprise Cheesecake Ring.

Nilla Wafers on bottom and the sides. A layer of chocolate cheesecake. SOme raspberries, and more cheesecake. All baked in a lovely ring shape and sprinkled with cocoa powder!

So no more of this soblue ok? I only have so many fantastic recipes I can pull out of my hat before I have to start resorting to the classics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! Fabulous!! And why aren't these entered in the Chit Chat Cooking Contest?!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

blush

I'm speechless!

Wow. The bread looks absolutely amazing. And it was amazingly good the last time you made it. (BTW, it freezes pretty well, too.)

I do have to say that the The Nilla Wafer Chocolate Raspberry Surprise Cheesecake Ring look a little scary. But in a good way. In a Frankenstein's Monster of tastiness and delight sort of way.

Tiffany, once again I have to say that you are the bestestest. And I love you, too.

An open post-script to the Firefox spellchecker: I don't care! I want to spell tastiness with a y!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
When can I expect my loaf of bread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Toggy wrote:
Nilla Wafers on bottom and the sides. A layer of chocolate cheesecake. SOme raspberries, and more cheesecake. All baked in a lovely ring shape and sprinkled with cocoa powder!

This totally needs to go into the "Sexing Up Junk Food" category. Aside from eating them plain with a tall glass of milk, this just might be the best way to eat a bunch of vanilla wafers.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'know, the first time I read the thread title, I didn't think "present" as in "gift", but "present" as in "after the past, before the future."

I wondered if Ms. Wiles had a time machine, and you were trying to get her to come back from her latest trip...

Of course, if you had a time machine, you could always have fresh bread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
OMG! Fabulous!! And why aren't these entered in the Chit Chat Cooking Contest?!!!!

What she said. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Y'know, the first time I read the thread title, I didn't think "present" as in "gift", but "present" as in "after the past, before the future."

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think that's awesome...I give you....

Pheer Me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

HAPPY DANCE!!!

Thanks Toggy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Toggy wrote:

This totally needs to go into the "Sexing Up Junk Food" category. Aside from eating them plain with a tall glass of milk, this just might be the best way to eat a bunch of vanilla wafers.

thumbsup

I can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:

So we can have a chance ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI Toggy,

While I understand you had to couch your gift to Amy & the Wilepodes in tones that said "Not that there's anything wrong with that." I just want to let you know that "Giving fresh bread to Brian" is "the love that totally dares to speak its name."

Again, Just FYI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MeanWiles wrote:
Needs more evil!

No. No it doesn't. Here they sit -- on my desk. And Tiffany asked, "when are you going to have some?"

To which I replied, "probably tonight."

To which she said, "please twist my arm and ask me if I'd like a piece!"

Or at least that's how I remember the conversation going.

Let me tell you -- The Nilla Wafer Chocolate Raspberry Surprise Cheesecake Ring is freaking amazing! Oh, so yummy.

Tiffany may need to make more for our G----- Event Saturday! (BTW, you all are all welcome to come over, given that you can make it down! There will be TNWCRSCR! (Well, not this one. The other one Tiffany is going to be making. ))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
MeanWiles wrote:
Needs more evil!

No. No it doesn't. Here they sit -- on my desk. And Tiffany asked, "when are you going to have some?"

To which I replied, "probably tonight."

To which she said, "please twist my arm and ask me if I'd like a piece!"

Or at least that's how I remember the conversation going.

Let me tell you -- The Nilla Wafer Chocolate Raspberry Surprise Cheesecake Ring is freaking amazing! Oh, so yummy.

Tiffany may need to make more for our G----- Event Saturday! (BTW, you all are all welcome to come over, given that you can make it down! There will be TNWCRSCR! (Well, not this one. The other one Tiffany is going to be making. ))

Recipes Toggy! Must make evil ring thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Tiffany is Mean Mommy Geek! She must be!

She made this delicious TNWCRSCR and put it on my desk (along with some really good looking/smelling bread), made me try some after stuffing myself full of lunch, and then leaves it here, tempting me.

I'm supposed to be working on my presentation! Not eating TNWCRSCR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bacon Cold Fuzion -- You will get your bread when you come to Texas. I cannot imagine that it will ship well. I will post the recipe to the recipe thread later. After I post images in the geeklist for sexed up junk food.

bacon Food contest judges. I shall obey the commands of the mob and enter it.

bacon Bankler -- fresh bread you say? I will see what i can work for Monday gaming.

bacon Jeff -- I just hope there is some left for you to try later tonight. devil

baconAmy -- You think that I am making TNWCRSCR for the Saturday event of g------? Perhaps. I will make something, if you think people will eat it.

And I did not twist your arm into eating it. You twisted mine into eating it. Though it might have been a joint effort.

When you gonna try it.

Tonight.

Sigh.

Want a piece.

Sure.

Is more how *I* remember the conversation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This just popped into my head:

First you eat the ring. Then you diet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
This just popped into my head:

First you eat the ring. Then you diet.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44422/item/996297#item...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.