• [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up, Pepe. Of course, being in Maryland, it's in my interest to buy it from anybody *but* MMP, but it'll make its way to the online retailers soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Of course, being in Maryland, it's in my interest to buy it from anybody *but* MMP ...

Because of the sales tax?

(I'm in Maryland, too, and live about 30 minutes away from MMP. I just wish they had in-person pickup, so I wouldn't have to pay $10 or more to have something shipped about 20 miles from Anne Arundel County to Baltimore County).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that on top of the fact that MSRP runs 50% higher than, say, Wargame Depot (~$67 last time it was in stock, though they may update that to reflect the price increase for this printing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love MMP games but you have to crazy to buy directly from them unless during a sale or pre order. They sell them at MSRP while game stores are usually 20-30% less then that at about the same shipping rates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Yeah, that on top of the fact that MSRP runs 50% higher than, say, Wargame Depot

Oh, I'm with you on that, but that applies no matter in what state you live. That's why I was curious as to whether you were referring to sales tax.

(I think I paid $40 MSRP for my copy of BV. Of course, that was in 1986 ... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Yeah, that on top of the fact that MSRP runs 50% higher than, say, Wargame Depot

Oh, I'm with you on that, but that applies no matter in what state you live. That's why I was curious as to whether you were referring to sales tax.

(I think I paid $40 MSRP for my copy of BV. Of course, that was in 1986 ... )

I plan to buy this edition for the gameboards and units for ASLSK battles.

wow, quite cheap! From what I have read the original BV only had 4 boards, compared to this edition which has 10 boards and 24 battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You read correctly. Four boards and eight scenarios in the original release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.