Tales of the Arabian Nights» Forums » General

Subject: Damn it, I didn't need another insta-buy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just spent around $50 bucks on the Race for the Galaxy Expansions and decided I'd take a break from buying games, especially since my gaming group has been playing that and Arkham Horror (best boardgame ever created by mankind) for the last several weeks.

But after paying attention to this Tales of the Arabian Nights (which, mind you I have NEVER EVER EVER played before) over the last year and a half and knowing that eventually it was going to be re-printed, imagine my surprise to find a bunch of stuff about it on the Home page of the Geek? So what did I do?

Naturally, I went to see what's up with the hubbub, and there I saw it in black & white... the new version had, in fact, been released.

Insta-buy... logged onto Cardhaus (eBay prices were surprisingly higher especially with $14 dollar S&H) and bought it. I think the only sensable thing to do to make sense of this Insta-buy is to hide the game and give it to my wife for her birthday in September. I'm not sure what she will think of it but I HOPE she will love it.

What do you all think? Do you like this game/this re-release and do you think girls will enjoy Tales of the Arabian Nights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Wang
United States
Temple City
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hahah.
I'm in pretty much the same boat.
"But, baby. You said you loved Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books when I asked you last night."
Yup, set her up last night and picked up the game today.

She actually seemed to enjoy it.
I look forward to future plays.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. L. Lloyd
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
"I like turtles"
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife & I recently played this at a friend's house and she loved it. She even asked for it for her upcoming birthday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife really enjoys this game as well. However, she enjoys most games from our collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got ours yesterday and started a game last night (didn't finish it). My wife really enjoyed it! I wasn't sure about the game originally because I don't like RPGs. However, my wife and I love reading and regularly read out loud to one another, so this seemed right up our alley, and last night proved it. She had a great time doing different voices and accents, and I had a great time cracking jokes after she became a shriveled old lady that was dropped by a giant bird and crippled while I was hanging out with a beautiful princess!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Gee
United States
Detroit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enjoyed AH, you will def love Tales. It isn't a super macho game so female gamers should enjoy it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SanguinousRex wrote:
I think the only sensable thing to do to make sense of this Insta-buy is to hide the game and give it to my wife for her birthday in September. I'm not sure what she will think of it but I HOPE she will love it.

You could do worse. My Dad once bought a riding lawnmower for my Mom's birthday. Can you guess how that went over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.