Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ll be at the World Boardgaming Championships (WBC) on Friday (Aug 7) and Saturday (Aug 8) providing a preview and live demonstration of Sturm Europa!. If you’ll be attending the WBC please stop by as I’ll either be at the Academy Games booth in the Exhibitor’s room or in open gaming. If you’re interested in sitting down and playing a few turns or a quick scenario, PM me and I’ll reserve a time slot for you.

Thanks,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, I'm not going Someone be sure to give us a rundown!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck Mike!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be demoing the complete ETO combined or only the east/west individually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire ETO will be on demo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I saw this at WBC and I liked what I saw.

I’m looking forward to the finished product.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason Roach wrote:

Any pictures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
jonjac wrote:
Jason Roach wrote:

Any pictures?

I didn't have a camera with me, but the test copy looked like some of the pictures that were posted on Consim; however, again, it was just a test-copy. And by “Saw” I meant not only the look of the game, but also some of the system mechanics and game-play features, such as the way political influence works.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
heinz_guderian wrote:
Any details? What did you like about the political influence system?

There were a number of things I liked it about. The political influence charts are rather simple and despite the resources you spend, it is a “slow” chart, so you can never move the chart more than one space for a given country during a turn, unless you have a specific card/event connected to that nation. Related to this mechanic, your ability to achieve a more rapid “influence” is at times based on certain events on the ground, so there is a real tie-in to the strategic situation. For example, both the Allies and Axis start with influence in Spain. There is a card that the Axis can use to accelerate Spain coming to their side if the Allies fail to support (i.e move forces into) the Low countries in the early war. To that, only the nations that start with a political influence marker in a track, are ones who can actually influence that nation; this can of course change based on the facts on the ground and proper card play.

So in the end, I thought it was not only simple, but also rather realistic in that you don’t see wild ahistorical and sudden swings in the political landscape like I have seen in other games and events on the ground can influence the situation.

Edit for a typo.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.