Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Capital-less power taking a capital rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dallas Evans
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I ran into this conundrum recently while playing axis and allies with friends... i was able to take the UK in two turns with germany by amphibius assault. then it was retaken by UK by another amphibius assult. Then! i retook it over with the navy from italy by another amphibius assualt. It was really nice because both the western axis powers had a lot of money after this. when i retook the UK with italy that turn i was so excited to do it completly spaced buying units for italy and completed combat with out ever buying anything. I protested, but they wouldn't let me buy units for italy because i skipped it and went straight into combat, although i didn't declare that i was skipping the buy units phase and not buying anything, i still understand their thinking. Because i forgot to buy units for italy, italy was left undefended and the UK was able to use a transport and make a landing on italy. So this is the conundrum, the UK's capital is occupied, and now the UK captured Italy's capital. so what happens to the money that Italy has? technically it goes to the UK, but they have no capital and can't spend it. do they just hang on to the money until their capital is liberated? or does the money just go back to the bank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The UK gets the IPCs, but cannot spend them until its capital is liberated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Evans
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
thanks krieghund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Mulder
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Krieghund wrote:
The UK gets the IPCs, but cannot spend them until its capital is liberated.
Are you sure about that? I thought that it just went to the "bank". How can the UK justify holding IPCs when they have no capital city or operational factories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm sure. When you take a capital, you take that power's IPCs. There are no mitigating conditions. The restriction against not collecting income when your capital is in enemy hands doesn't apply, as confiscated IPCs are not income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Jansen
Norway
flag msg tools
Yes, its in the FAQ's, see: "Rarety: Issues that occure once in a blue moon."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Evans
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm new to this website... where is the FAQ where i can read up about other "rarity issues"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.