Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Since most games now seem to be introduced as a platform for future expansions I wonder if the designer has some undisclosed expansion plans for the game to build out the theme a little more. I personally like it as is but it also has the feel of Settlers of Catan - a great core engine which seems a tad generic until combined with expansions to bring out its more thematic elements.

I for one would be very interested to see if expansions could be brought into the game - civilization specific dice - Egyptian, Babylonian, Thrace etc. Or a more robust development tree. Seemingly, some nice possiblities here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
There's already a little free "Print n Play" job here:

Roll Through the Ages: The Late Bronze Age

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do think FRED plans to make this into a series, but I'm not sure if that's with expansions or other stand alone games. I might be mistaken about all of this though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last update on this was in July. Anyone know if this game has legs to be expanded or will it remain a one-shot wonder?

It'd be cool to see stuff from different eras - iron age / modern era / space age / way to likes them all together in one long campaign?surprise

I wonder if it would include other wildcard mechanics thrown-in that you get with expansions rather than just a new scoresheet and with new rules to play with the same dice.

That wasn't dissing the Late Bronze-age release by the way. I play that version more than the original.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.