Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to hear your opinion. Will it be fun for me if I read the book to myself. Also are there many cards with text? We could not play Arkham Horror because of all of the item and spell cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Pessina
Italy
Vimercate
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem and same question... :what:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Petrar
Romania
Timişoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, yea. Not so sure about the others however

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
I would like to hear your opinion. Will it be fun for me if I read the book to myself. Also are there many cards with text? We could not play Arkham Horror because of all of the item and spell cards.

I would say no. It's going to be tough for you to do your own turn, both for the amount of stuff you need to do, and the inevitable 'peeking' that you might do on other choices. You really need to have a third party read the paragraphs for you.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And reading for the other players is just as much fun as taking your own turn, so I think the non-English speakers who don't get to read might feel like they're missing out. Also, the stories themselves are half the fun, and unless you're highly proficient at translating on the fly, the stories will lose a lot of the flavor. The text is really the heart of the game, I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
And reading for the other players is just as much fun as taking your own turn, so I think the non-English speakers who don't get to read might feel like they're missing out. Also, the stories themselves are half the fun, and unless you're highly proficient at translating on the fly, the stories will lose a lot of the flavor. The text is really the heart of the game, I'm afraid.

And to append to this, there is quite a lot of text. A full novel's worth at least. So translating it is not for the feint of heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I've asked before I bought it. Oh well maybe it will be localized someday... I really start to think about starting my own localization company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.