Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to glue two print-on-demand produced cards (from Artscow or else) together for added thickness and afterwards finishing them with something for a real "snap-sound" on the table?

Does/would it work that way, as we all know POD cards are not as sturdy as most originally produced ones (or poker cards for that matter)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is relevant to my interests.

I am working on a game that can be easily printed using POD services. And I am planning on including cards that are designed to be cut into tokens and markers. But because the thickness of the card is so thin, my plan was to include front and back images for the tokens and have the player cut them out and glue them together.

I see no reason why this wouldn't work. My question, however, is do you know of any other PnP games that have done this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Germany
Göttingen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
Has anyone tried to glue two print-on-demand produced cards (from Artscow or else) together for added thickness and afterwards finishing them with something for a real "snap-sound" on the table?

I would try double-sided sticky tape. The cards won't warp and it is strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.