Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My morning coffee had a certain je ne sais quoi this morning.

At first I thought it was due to trying a new boutique blend from the farmer's market, Café Palmira's Vienna roast. That's a gourmet specialty coffee grown on the Palacios family farm in Palmira, Huehuetenango, and sold at the local farmer's market by Mr. Carlos Palacios himself. I tried a sample yesterday and it was delicious!

This morning's coffee was also delicious, but somehow different... My water versus his, I wondered? Brewed in a different machine? Half and half instead of milk? Hmmm...

And then after breakfast I went to clean the coffee maker and found...

shake

Well, if the Norwegians can add eggs to their coffee to improve the flavor, then why can't I add "silver" scoops?!

The catch 22 of coffee -- you need it in order to be alert enough to make it! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! laugh [COLOR=#F4F4FF]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I'm not a chemist (but I play one on TV), but it should be non-reactive, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bruns
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It gives it that robust metalic flavor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
I sometimes wonder if I should have a cup of coffee before I make my coffee for the day, otherwise stuff like this may happen.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
The only thing better than this thread right now is the thought process that went in to it.

Wow. I can't believe I did that. I feel like an idiot. Now I have to take pictures of it and post about it in Chit Chat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Wow. I can't believe I did that. I feel like an idiot. Now I have to take pictures of it and post about it in Chit Chat!

I guess I better not mention that this is actually my second time messing up my coffee in this same manner. shake

The first time it was embarrassing, the second time it's hilarious!

When I emailed Paul to tell him what happened, he wrote back...

too_close wrote:
Again?! Ha ha... Still, it did taste good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
Mode: Nippon
badge
mb
You have to try this:

What else?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that spoon isn't made in China, otherwise you may get lead poisoning! On the other hand, 4 out of 5 doctors prefer coffee brwed with spoons for their patients who brew coffee. Go figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, I suspect, and I may be wrong, but methinks Diane might just have past her 26th year...........ninja

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it should keep your iron levels up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you didn't have egg in there as well - because eggs eaten with silver just tastes... yucky... (and, yes, I grew up eating eggs with silverware *haw-haw* meeple )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.