Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Banasky
United States
dearborn heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
arrrhI just got Burning Drachens, have not played the game yet. After you use a manuver card do they just go into a discard pile not to be used again or do you put them on the bottom of the unused deck to use again. Does not say in the book. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the begining of the turn pick three maneuver cards.
(Plan your card play for the best positioning, it is not a game of chance maneuvers)

After playing the third card they all return to the deck and can be played again.

Remember though a diamond card must be followed by a straight maneuver, two diamond cards cannot be played consecutively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
Maneuver cards are always added back to your maneuver deck. Otherwise you would soon be unable to fly...
BTW you can also see this on page 5 of the rules: "Before picking up used cards for the next turn, ..."
And: you should play the game asap. It's a real blast! (although I think that Famous Aces or Watch your back! are better sets to start than Drachens)

Edit: arrrr... the pirate was faster...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Banasky
United States
dearborn heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I saw the "before picking up cards for the next turn" but wasnt sure if it meant just to clear them out of the way for the next 3 or if you were to return them. I got the Drachens because i heard it had a solo section and I might not be able to con anyone in the home to play it with me. So you get to search through your deck each turn and pick out which 3 cards you want right? So your basically guessing which way you think the opponent will go? Im going to play solo tonight but the solo game seems to take away this prediction of opponent movement and make the game entirely luck based? Maybe I can get one of the boys to play a game this weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you've got a pretty accurate assessment now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game plays best with lots of people.

If you are playing just one on one, I recommend you take 2 airplanes each (which you will struggle to do if all you own is BD, but you could pick up one of the boosters and get 2 more maneuver decks).

With one on one, there ARE some 'tailing' rules that reduce the guesswork a bit. I don't bother with them when we have multiple players, because a 'target rich environment" sort of takes care of things itself and the tailing rules slow things down a bit-- especially when there are a number of planes on the table at the same time.

Fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.