Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some recommendations. I don't want to pack a lot of games (3-4 tops). Requirements must play at least 4-5 players. Can't be too heavy (3 of us are gamers the other 1-2 think that games means video games)

Games I was thinking of taking:
BSG
RUM & Pirates
Shadow Hunters
Galaxy Trucker

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Allwood
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And when do you think you'll have time to play those games, with all the interesting media events going on?

You'd be much better taking some card games or other simple things that you can play whilst you're waiting in line to get into the various panels.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I might take BSG, but even then having to lug anything other than your ill-gotten gains around is a pain. The game room has always been the weakest part of the SD ComicCon (I went every year but one from 1985 to 2006--stopped going because it got too big. Spent two whole days in 2006 just walking up and down the dealer's room to see everything for sale.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I amused it was a pretty Game lite con... but I do know WOTC has tried to run events there from time to time to garnish interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I should rephrase. When I'm at the hotel with my friends and not at the con, a club or a party (so from around 12-4 am) what should we be playing?

Sleep is for the weak.

Shieldwolf

PS

If anyone is going check out Forced Alliance at the Lucasfilm booth. It's my award winning short film that I pitched to Lucasfilm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring a few whores, your ROI will be HUGE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason
United States
queens
New York
flag msg tools
BSG is a good pick and shadow hunters always goes over well. I dont know if you will be teaching these games but BSG and Galaxy Trucker involves a lot teaching. Maybe something a little lighter added might be a good idea. Incan Gold is always a hit and a nice filler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Maybe I should rephrase. When I'm at the hotel with my friends and not at the con, a club or a party (so from around 12-4 am) what should we be playing?

Sleep is for the weak..

You're going to San Diego and spend hours in your hotel room? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey they kick you out of the convention center at 6pm don't shake your head at me. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Hey they kick you out of the convention center at 6pm don't shake your head at me. lol

They didn't used to. Films and parties, films and parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hong
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:

If anyone is going check out Forced Alliance at the Lucasfilm booth. It's my award winning short film that I pitched to Lucasfilm.

cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I got back from our first trip to Comic-Con on Sunday, and I've gotta say that bringing a game is pointless. We were asleep when we hit the hotel room, then up at three to wait in line for the day's activities. And no, no one is getting kicked out of the hall at 6 pm. When we left Saturday night they were still going strong with the Zack Snyder Watchmen screening and the Masquerade. It's an amazing five days, but not in a boardgaming sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.