Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Closing Portals and having a shot at winning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey there. Have read tons of great posts here. Another new player of AH and yes I have read tons of rules summerys and FAQs. My eyes are going buggy!

However, I must still not be understanding something.
With 2 invistigators, at game start you have 2 gates already open by the time the second characters upkeep phase. (one during set up and one on phase 4 of first players turn.)
If you draw a different gate opening everytime in mythos phase that only gives each invistigator 4 turns total before game end! How is that enough time to do anything, let alone collect 6 clue tokens for a gate seal?
Or do ALL invistigators get upkeep, move, encounter, ect. together and then only draw 1 Mythos card for the group during the last phase?
Why am I so confused by this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Each investigator gets a Phase 1, 2, 3, and 4. As a group, there is only one Phase 5 per turn so only one Mythos card to resolve. That should slow the game down a bit for you.

As to how to win, you need to investigate that yourself.

Welcome to Arkham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thank you for the clarification. I must have been playing the "Hell on Earth" varient. Interesting to say the least!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Amberhawk wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. I must have been playing the "Hell on Earth" varient. Interesting to say the least!

It's a common mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt - playing it correctly will be a whole different circle of "Hell on Earth". The game is sentient, like the One Ring. It knows what you want, and it knows what you dread. You will get none of the former, and a heaping ton of the latter.

I love AH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.