Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Deal on Kingsburg Game 29.68+free shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Jones
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a seller on Ebay right now selling kingsburg for $29.68, the kicker is they are also offering free shipping. The seller is simply 'buy', but I'm sure it will show up under a search for kingsburg. It does not seem to be registering on BGG Ebay listings, wierd. The listing said they had over 10 left.

I happen to have been looking for the game, and it is at least $2 cheaper then the cheapest other seller, with out having to deal with a high minimium order or shipping costs. The next cheapest I have been able to find over more then 20 sellers is $32 plus shipping or $33 with a min order of $100.

Hope this helps.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a couple of games from them before. Great prices and they ship very fast.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the one I see is from a different user and it's the new expansion not the base game, maybe the one you saw only 1 copy was available and it's sold?

interesting that your 1st contribution (post) to bgg after 3 years is to the hot deals and you don't own any games (according to bgg), but I don't think it's a shill as 3 years is a long time to have an account just to at some time 3 years later to shill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jones
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked again, still says they have over 10 left.

It's item number is 120394703137.

I just happened to be shopping for games and I have compiled a database on pricing from about 20 sellers for each game, and this ebay offer beat them all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ejones307 wrote:
I just looked again, still says they have over 10 left.

It's item number is 120394703137.

don't know why it didn't show up when I entered "kingsburg" but w/that number:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...


ejones307 wrote:
I just happened to be shopping for games and I have compiled a database on pricing from about 20 sellers for each game, and this ebay offer beat them all.

hope you are using:

http://www.boardgameprices.com/

to save yourself a little time
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that would be Buy.com's eBay store, for those keeping score. Buy.com is one of the old grey beards of the internets, up there with Amazon, etc. Check out their website for the same deal.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
interesting that your 1st contribution (post) to bgg after 3 years is to the hot deals and you don't own any games (according to bgg), but I don't think it's a shill as 3 years is a long time to have an account just to at some time 3 years later to shill.


So why bother bringing it up?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
interesting that your 1st contribution (post) to bgg after 3 years is to the hot deals and you don't own any games (according to bgg), but I don't think it's a shill as 3 years is a long time to have an account just to at some time 3 years later to shill.
So why bother bringing it up?

i thought it was obvious but... to save others the time doing looking it up and giving my opinion. Unless of course you are trying to start trouble
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Perry
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
interesting that your 1st contribution (post) to bgg after 3 years is to the hot deals and you don't own any games (according to bgg), but I don't think it's a shill as 3 years is a long time to have an account just to at some time 3 years later to shill.
So why bother bringing it up?

i thought it was obvious but... to save others the time doing looking it up and giving my opinion. Unless of course you are trying to start trouble :)


FIGHT! FIGHT!!!

HIT HIM. YEAH, YEAH, HIT HIM AGAIN!!!

(on a calmer note)

It occurs to me that not everyone is geeky enough to enter every game they buy on their bgg page. I know I only record game plays occasionally so it probably only looks like I've played 12 games in the past 6 months.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LibMats wrote:
It occurs to me that not everyone is geeky enough to enter every game they buy on their bgg page. I know I only record game plays occasionally so it probably only looks like I've played 12 games in the past 6 months.

I don't record game plays either... too much work and imho too much personal info (do I really want me girlfriend to know how much I play )
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
interesting that your 1st contribution (post) to bgg after 3 years is to the hot deals and you don't own any games (according to bgg), but I don't think it's a shill as 3 years is a long time to have an account just to at some time 3 years later to shill.
So why bother bringing it up?

i thought it was obvious but... to save others the time doing looking it up and giving my opinion. Unless of course you are trying to start trouble


Not trying to start anything. I'll leave that to others, whoever they may be.

When I see a "hot deal" that I'd be interested in going in on, I still take the time to research the product, price compare, and check the vendor's track record. I don't raise any suspicions about the messenger.

As it is, this one isn't a bad price for a halfway decent game. If I hadn't already tapped out my game budget for the summer, I'd think about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Not trying to start anything. I'll leave that to others, whoever they may be.

So why bother bringing it up?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Brown
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The seller you're referring to is buy.com. For added exposure I presume, buy.com lists items on ebay sometimes. If you go to buy.com and search for Kingsburg, you'll find it selling there for ... $29.68 with free shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Not trying to start anything. I'll leave that to others, whoever they may be.

So why bother bringing it up?


Because YOU asked me if I was. shake

I know people want me to be The Bad Guy all the time, but I wasn't the one to mention the "s" word in this thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the issue here is whether this is a hot deal, I vote yes.

Under $30 delivered for this game is great. I have already forwarded the buy.com link to friends I know that have kids that are the age of our kids (7 - 10 year range).

I don't understand the hubbub.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They also have the new Cosmic Encounter at $35.99 with free shipping, best deal I've found for it.

I actually got it at $5.99 as I signed up for the buy.com Platinum Visa card and got $30 off my order. Cha-Ching!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.