Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK -- this may be a little long, so bear with me...

I have a bit of bad news, and a lot of good news. Well, the bad is not so bad, so I'll start with it.

Since V&V is a hobby for me, I've always treated the rules as a living set of rules, and when changes needed to be made I simply made them and printed a new set of rules (or distilled a new PDF). I know I promised an errata sheet, but it's been months since I mentioned it and honestly I haven't kept track of all the changes. So, I'm posting a new set of rules later today, and starting an archive folder to keep my old PDFs. From here on out, if there are any necessary changes, I'll keep better records and do an errata.

BTW -- there's only one rules change this time, and it's more of an addition than a change. Guns now make a Survival Roll, just like vehicles. The rest of the changes since the last release are all very minor edits.

Now, the good news!

An FAQ is still in the works, and should be out shortly.

The Russian vehicles are underway, after a lengthy personal debate over what units to release. I should have them finished within a few weeks, and they include the BT-7-2 light tank, the T34-76 medium tank, the KV-85 heavy tank, the BA-64 armored car, and the ZIS-2 anti-tank gun. The only holdup may be getting the BA-64 and ZIS-2 models in time to do my drawings.

Along with the Russian vehicle counters I may throw in a few goodies for the other nationalities, and the US Marine and Japanese infantry should make their appearance by the end of August.

I've started work on the first issue of V for Victory, and it should be out by October/November. There'll be at least six new scenarios, as well as lots of other information and history. I'll post a teaser cover on the website soon.

And... surprise... sometime later this year a Captain's Edition of the rules will be available from Blurb.com. It'll be a 24-page, full color hardback book with dust jacket! I'm not sure about the price yet -- it'll depend on whether I decide to make a few bucks per copy or not. The range will be between $29.95 and $34.95. That's right, a hardback rulebook with which to tease your friends, or entice them into V&V!

Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:
a Captain's Edition of the rules will be available from Blurb.com. It'll be a 24-page, full color hardback book with dust jacket!

Could it be bound in such a way that it can lie open on the table (e.g. spiral bound)? Regular hardback books aren't too good at this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
Could it be bound in such a way that it can lie open on the table (e.g. spiral bound)? Regular hardback books aren't too good at this.

I doubt the book will be user friendly in a gaming situation, and I'll likely continue to use my binder when gaming. The books from Blurb seem to be for folks who want to make their own photo, memory, or one-of-a-kind books. I'm not sure how many are submitted with the intent to sell or mass-market them.

Their binding options are also limited, and spiral isn't one of them. I've also heard mixed reviews on the quality, but overall most of the customers seem to be impressed with their finished product. It's just a neat service for somebody who wants a single printed copy of a hardback book.

I'm really using it as a novelty, to have my own hardback, or to give as a gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
AnglePark wrote:
a Captain's Edition of the rules will be available from Blurb.com. It'll be a 24-page, full color hardback book with dust jacket!

Once your Blurb book is up and running you could also add it to "Lulu.com" they do a "coil" bound format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks FNH1! Lulu may be a better option, as the coil bound book might be more suitable, a little cheaper, and I won't have to resize any of my current files. Plus their hardbacks seem cheaper as well, and closer to my file size compared to what Blurb offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
What if there's errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
What if there's errata?

But... that would NEVER happen...

I won't post it on Lulu until I'm certain the rules are clean. That's one reason the rules, as they stand now, will never expand. I don't mind adding variant rules through the magazine, but the core rules will stay as-is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just sell the pages alone so that we can place them in a binder ourselves, that way the price could be cheaper. Also, if more rules come out or erratas, we can just simply add them ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Why not just sell the pages alone so that we can place them in a binder ourselves, that way the price could be cheaper. Also, if more rules come out or erratas, we can just simply add them ourselves.

The rules will always be available for free -- along with all V&V releases -- to make (or add to) your own binder. The "Captain's Edition" is just an option for folks who don't want to print a copy, or want a "nicer" printed edition. I'm not going to make the Captain's Edition available until I'm certain the rules are solid and/or mistake free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.