Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing missing from the collection view (ok 2 things, see below) is to filter by tags. Then we could display ANY set of games of a single user using our own criteria. This would be so useful.

Second thing: To be able to make a nicely formatted (and maybe printable) collections view along the lines of IDKWDYWTP. It wouldn't have to be as fancy as a complex scripting system. Just some nice boxes with a variable number of columns, thumbnails, # players, play time, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lachtanski
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to have this functionality and I have thousands of legacy tags for just this purpose. I would really like to see it return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fangarr wrote:
We used to have this functionality and I have thousands of legacy tags for just this purpose. I would really like to see it return.

Same here. I've tagged all my games. The most important for me is for amount of players (my own tags, not the "official possible" amount of players), so I can sort them that way when I like to play something.
And I've lost that functionality since the database was rewritten.

So now I've put all my games in an excell file and use that....

As soon as I've made a good excel sheet to log my games, I'll start using that as well instead of logging them here.

PLEASE GIVE US BACK OUR TAG-FUNCTIONALITY!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Forsythe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please please please, integration of tags with collections/wishlists would be a huge boon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see this.

Our last game night this week was one we wanted to have a Space/sci-fi theme to celebrate the Apollo missions anniversary. I had to manually check every game in my collection to see which ones were sci-fi related. If the collection supported filtering by tags, I could have had that same information in seconds with just a couple clicks. In fact I briefly looked to see if there was any way I could do some sorta filtering for space themed games in my collection, but I didn't see anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yargo wrote:
I'd love to see this.

Our last game night this week was one we wanted to have a Space/sci-fi theme to celebrate the Apollo missions anniversary. I had to manually check every game in my collection to see which ones were sci-fi related. If the collection supported filtering by tags, I could have had that same information in seconds with just a couple clicks. In fact I briefly looked to see if there was any way I could do some sorta filtering for space themed games in my collection, but I didn't see anything.

You could do that with Advanced Search, but only because Science Fiction happens to be a category. However, if there are games you think should be SciFi that aren't labelled as such, or vice versa, then tags come to the rescue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Forsythe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like this one? Labeled Science Fiction and Ancient: Ave Caesar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Forsythe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, must be because it was also released as "Q-Jet 21xx".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
along the same lines as my previous post from a couple weeks ago
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/424023

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.