Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: tuck_box [+] [View All]
Tyson Manwarren
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have made some major changes to my Tuck Box generator program. I have changed the image uploading routine, so that hopefully more people can use the utility (many people had issues with the JAVA-based uploader).

I have also added a great utility called ImageEditor, written by Peter Frueh. It gives you the ability to perform simple image editing (crop, rotate, resize) after uploading an image.

An "Ends" image has also been added, allowing you to place an image on the top and bottom of the tuckbox. ("Sides" was used before)

If you have any questions or feedback - please let me know!

http://tuckbox.gameupdates.com

-Tyson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
This link isn't working for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That gives me a dns error, but just http://tuckbox.gameupdates.com/ works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. If I get rid of the "www" it works:
http://tuckbox.gameupdates.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Manwarren
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry about that - the www snuck in there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a quick question about using the Tuck Box Generator. First, just to let you know, I have not actually tried this yet. But, just the other day, I had ordered 4 card games that DO NOT have any boxes included with them. They are all loose cards. So, I want to make some tuck boxes for the games. Anyway, for my question. When I UPLOAD a photo. (not that it matters) will the photo stay on the site? OR does it go away once I sign out?

This is just a curiosity thing for me...

Thanks!!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Manwarren
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
The images stay on the site when you log out. Right now, I do not have anything automated set up to remove any data. However, I do routinely clean up data and files - but only after a couple months.

-Tyson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TysonDude wrote:
The images stay on the site when you log out. Right now, I do not have anything automated set up to remove any data. However, I do routinely clean up data and files - but only after a couple months.

-Tyson

Thanks, That is just as well as what good would a picture be if ONLY one person was making a tuck box with it? Glad to hear you clean 'em up after a bit.

I have a Lightning: Midway – June 4th to June 6th, 1942 (and a couple others) coming in the mail and they DO NOT have the original boxes with them anymore. So, I am VERY interested in making some tuck boxes to take the place of the original Large size boxes. They did not have tuck boxes originally, only ONE large box to hold all.

Thanks for creating a cool DIY Tuck Box program for this!!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Chilton
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a go with this and any graphics you add don't seem to fit correctly. I guess you need to ensure they are scaled etc first? Otherwise the program needs to have a tile or shrink/stretch option when you specify images for faces.

That aside its a great program. I did one without images for Alhambra and used it as a template (I just imported it into PSE and added the images for each face then saved it out) as getting the dimensions right when drawing by hand can take time, now its a snip. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is good to know. I STILL need to give it a try. Just need to sit down with a ruler and measure the cards! (yeah.. like that takes a lot of time )

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Manwarren
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
nicch wrote:
I guess you need to ensure they are scaled etc first? Otherwise the program needs to have a tile or shrink/stretch option when you specify images for faces.

Thanks for the complements. There is a fairly new (and borrowed) section for editing images. Just click on the "Edit Image" button and you should be able to crop/scale/rotate your image. Make sure you click "Save as Active" when you are done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Manwarren
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
JimM wrote:
That is good to know. I STILL need to give it a try. Just need to sit down with a ruler and measure the cards! (yeah.. like that takes a lot of time )

I have a link in the program to a page you can print that helps speed up the measuring process:

http://vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/paper_rulers/UnstableURL/r...

I never could find my MM ruler, and it was always hard to get an exact reading using it. Using this page, you can set your cards right on it and measure out the card's and stack's dimensions quickly. And you can store it right with your game collection! (I guess you could do that with a ruler too, though..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Zed
Canada
flag msg tools
I am having troubles using this generator.

When I create a pdf, all of the lines converge on the bottom left corner of the sheet. It is not usable in that manner. Any tips?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
NovemberAdam wrote:
I am having troubles using this generator.

When I create a pdf, all of the lines converge on the bottom left corner of the sheet. It is not usable in that manner. Any tips?

Thanks

If you are not opening it up with Adobe Acrobat, you'll see the lines. Once you open it in Acrobat, they should not show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.