Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently got kings breakfast and we played at 2 players where we alternate the role of the 3rd player every turn.

We end up both game not losing any dish and we each ended up with a tied score in both games.

So my question is, is there a problem with the game? Does it play bad at 3 players (2 player + 3rd artificial player)?

Should we try playing at 4 player (2Players + 2 artificial player) to get better results?

By the way, can this game be played with more than 5 players without any problems. (Considering there is 7 dish, 7 players might be the maximum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Charfield
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
A tied score is not that unusual, as scores can be close.
My first thought would be just to go back and re-read the rules again (now that you've played twice) just to check you haven't missed something. I only say this as one or two of your comments make me think you may have misunderstood. Or it could be me.
For example, are you dealing the right number of cards each round?
In my experience, it playes well with 3, and I would expect some players to fail to score in some dishes. Using Emerald to keep the King hungry and hurt your opponents is an important strategy.

As for playing with more than 5, I expect the real reason is that so many cards would be dealt each round, there wouldn't be enough rounds to set up a good strategy. You could always combine 2 decks if you wanted. Any players that had no dishes when it got to their turn would have to take from the kitchen. Having said that, there are better party games for a large number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In both game we each approximately score 100-120 points. We most of the time had all dish in our hands and since there is no interest to specialize (because you could bustmore easily) so there is no interest in not getting all the dish. And if you got all the dish, there is no interest of using emerald since you hurt yourself unless you have a low amount of cards and know the other player has a lot of it.

So maybe I would really need to try it with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Charfield
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are high scores, but if you're not using Emerald that could explain. Don't write off Emerald so quickly. If you have 5 Bread and you think your opponent has 6, then keeping the King at 5 is a huge points swing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.