Subject: Wii question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, Chit Chat, my wife and I are thinking about saving up for a wii. My in-laws have one and we enjoy it, my wife really likes the wii fit. My question to you is where can you buy this for a decent price? I checked amazon and it seems that we are looking at dropping near $500 on this. I just wondered if anyone knew of a better place/deal. At that price we will be "saving up" for a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
WalMart? Gamestop? You should be able to get a Wii at any of the usual retailers, without having to buy a bundle of crap you don't want.

(edit) where on Amazon did you see a $500 price tag? Here is the system, direct from Amazon.com, at the MSRP of $249.99...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Get Super Mario Galaxy. It's a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
We would need the Wii Fit as well. Is that available at WalMart et all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:

My in-laws have that one. I have a hard time even watching it, I don't think I could play it. My wife and her brother enjoy it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
We would need the Wii Fit as well. Is that available at WalMart et all?

I got mine at GameStop. It was $80 plus tax. It was back in February, but I've seen them in stock lately, too (at least at the one in Castle Rock)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no such thing as real Wii discounts yet. Price for consoles quite standard across the board.

My recommendation? Wait 3 months. I'd be shocked if we didn't see a new bundle straight from Nintendo, probably at a lower price. The console hasn't received a single price drop since the day it came out: It's due.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you are looking for a game that the kids can play, you may want to look at Animal Crossing: City Folk. Heck, depending on your personal tastes, the adults may like it, too (though there can only be 4 characters on the game). The "online" bit adds a little fun to it by allowing your character to visit other towns, but you can have plenty of fun without that part, also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

The console hasn't received a single price drop since the day it came out: It's due.

It's still the #1 selling console. What's their incentive for dropping the price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

The console hasn't received a single price drop since the day it came out: It's due.

It's still the #1 selling console. What's their incentive for dropping the price?

Being number one is great in an expanding market, but as the market declines, well, it's really just simple macroeconomic theory carry the 1 and divide by zero, take the remainder of the adjunct of the integral and voila, the price goes down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

Come on, show a bit of insight. Using your prodigious argument, the PS2 would have never dropped in price.

Sales have slowed down very significantly year over year. Nintendo doesn't care what the sales ranking is between consoles: They care about their total sales, and they are selling less than they did last year: 13% less, not exactly chump change.

Also, by fall, there will be major price pressure from a very likely PS3 price drop. The PS3 is down 28% year over year, so a $75+ drop is sure to happen. Competing with two vastly more powerful machines in the same price range will make them have to at least do a token $25 price drop.

Now, what will probably won't change, but it should, is how firm Nintendo is being with their software prices.Nintendo has no "players choice" line for the Wii. Games that are well over a year old, like Mario Galaxy, haven't dropped a dollar. Twilight princess, a launch game, is still $50 buckaroos! Compare that to the competition, where there's plenty of high quality games to be had at a discount. Steam is showing that there's a lot of profit to be had by doing some discounting. But I guess that Nintendo now believes that lowering the price of their games is not that good of an idea.

Oh well, it's their money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wii Fit Story.

I was over at a friends' house and they had recently purchased the Fit. They encouraged me to try.

So, I made a Mii, made it look like me, and being of a portly persuasion, made it as fat as the slider would let me.

I entered my height, age, and sex, and then in accordance with the instructions, stood on the balance board for it to weigh me.

It made my Mii fatter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
OK, Chit Chat, my wife and I are thinking about saving up for a wii. My in-laws have one and we enjoy it, my wife really likes the wii fit.

Check out EA Sports Active as well. You won't need a Wii Balance Board (but you may use it, if you have one), and I'd say that it's harder exercise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Get Mario Kart Wii also. You don't really need steering wheels though. Also, you don't need all the attachments for the sports games (tennis rackets and stuff). They just get in the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Check your local Best Buy(s), they have tons of them here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eBay has some great deals, the last time I looked. Some came with multiple controllers and games. And you can get it brand new there also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.