Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Catan cities & knights question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danick Mailhot
msg tools
Hi... this might not be the right forum so just move it if i'm wrong...

I have a little question about the setup of catan cities & knights...

1st round clockwise tou place settlement and road

2nd round counter clockwise place settlement and road...

but what about 3rd round... it says now you place a city and a road... so do I replace one of my settelment for a city and place a road anywhere next to an existing one or do I place a city on a free spot with a road next to it?

tx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in awhile, but I believe there are only two rounds of settlement/city placing.

The first time around you place a settlement and attached road. The second time (in reverse order) you place a city and attached road.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, David. That's exactly how it's done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Mailhot
msg tools
tx

that's what i thought after trying the other way with four players and almost no place to expand...

thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Miller
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
I haven't played in awhile, but I believe there are only two rounds of settlement/city placing.

The first time around you place a settlement and attached road. The second time (in reverse order) you place a city and attached road.

Hope this helps.

Exactly. Correct :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.