Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In The Dice Tower #152, Tom mentiones a new game (prototype at this stage) by Richard Launius.

A short summary:
* Cooperative (stop the hordes)
* Fantasy theme.
* Some similarities to Pandemic
* Special abilities
* Need to fight enemy leaders
* Use dice (for combat?)

Anyone got any more details ? Someone who played this at Origins maybe ?

This sounds very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this through an interview with the guys at Jolly Rodger? I think they are publishing this new game and it wouldn't be out until 2010? Maybe I heard that on The Spiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it at Origins. It has some similarities to Pandemic. You have four armies spreading over the land. Unlike Pandemic the armies are not restricted to a certain part of the map. The humans lose if any of the generals reaches the city in the middle of the map or if there are too many outbreaks of troops,

I don't think this is the game Jolly Roger is publishing. I think it is still being shopped to publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the co-op fantasy prototype as well and like it, but can confirm that it is not the Jolly Roger game.

The Jolly Roger game does have the greatest theme ever offered in a boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:
Was this through an interview with the guys at Jolly Rodger? I think they are publishing this new game and it wouldn't be out until 2010? Maybe I heard that on The Spiel.

No, Tom and Eric played the prototype at Origins.
They did say there are negotiations with a publisher, but didn't say which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fbranham wrote:

The Jolly Roger game does have the greatest theme ever offered in a boardgame.

Great, so we have two unknown games to guess about. Can you say what the theme is ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Dice Tower episode 154 Tom stated that one of his games has been picked up by Fred Distribution.
It is a co-operative game set in a fantasy world called Defender of the Realms and is set to be released by Gen-Con of 2010.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
I played it at Origins. It has some similarities to Pandemic. You have four armies spreading over the land. Unlike Pandemic the armies are not restricted to a certain part of the map. The humans lose if any of the generals reaches the city in the middle of the map or if there are too many outbreaks of troops,

I don't think this is the game Jolly Roger is publishing. I think it is still being shopped to publishers.

This post suddenly got me excited about Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played both games you speak of. FRED is publishing Defenders, probably in time for Origins. The 2nd game is a fun game from Jolly Rogers that no details have been published about yet for some reason, so I wont say much. Just that it involves Pirates and Dinos. I had a blast playing an early version. I think the publisher is playtesting it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.