Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dario bacchi
England
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes bilateral..NOT bisexual - that would be for a very different forum (though if anyone does happen to know any..)

er anyway..back to the point

so...

in werewolves everyone claims to be a villager

in battlestar galactica everyone claims to be a human

in saboteur everyone claims to be a good dwarf

in shadows over camelot everyone claims to not be the traitor

all this is one-way

is there any (semi-coop) game where it makes sense within the game to be able to claim you are the opposite of what you are NO MATTER what you are?

so for example in werewolves there would have to be a valid reason for villagers to claim they are werewolves etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this counts or not, but in the Lost version of Werewolf that I created, there is a third team that enters the game late, and they are trying to find the same character that the main team is trying to find, so the main team could claim to be someone they are not to buy time.

In more specific terms, the "main" team is the Losties. They are trying to find Ben (and other "Others") before the Others find Jack and Walt. The third team is the Freighties, who are also trying to find Ben. Losties could try to make Freighties believe one of them is Ben- at the same time, the Others (Ben included) are trying to make the Losties believe they are also Losties.

Just so you know, I didn't make up these team names... yes, I am using them, but uber fans of the show coined them, and I'm just playing along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would imagine some vampire games where some vampires try to integrate with society and drink synthetic blood, and other vampires who prefer the taste of real blood might cause some interesting conflict.

The only problem is, vampires would be able to detect other vampires.

*I'm thinking of the Tv series "True Blood" here in particular.

Otherwise some sort of spy/secret agent game might make sense for someone to declare honestly that they work for 1 side, to try and lure out double agents, or get someone to change sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If everyone claims to be the opposite of who they are, you can tell who they are by the opposite of who they claim to be...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castle of the Devil maybe? After all you win if the enemy reveals and claims you are on his team.
Also some Werewolve Roles would do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are You the Traitor? is a bilateral werewolf game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoax

A close look at the back of the box, the image for which I uploaded some years back, gives an example showing how the game fits the criteria perfectly:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, I must note that I've read two extremely entertaining books featuring Werewolves in the last year:

Sharp Teeth - Toby Barlow
Lonely Werewolf Girl - Martin Millar

That's fairly remarkable, considering that I didn't seek them out, and can't recall encountering a single good book about Werewolves in the preceding 50+ years of reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the roles in the game, the endgame of werewolf can see someone on the villager team claiming to be a werewolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition has many variants, including situations where you play with 3 teams and only 1 team may win... so you are still saying you are a part of the good guys, but you must also change sides to make sure things work out the way you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.