Hide
18 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just played a game have a few questions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Price
msg tools
We were on the 3rd scenario and came across some things that confused us.

1st- When inside a forest area can you shoot at someone else in side of that same forest region, and if you are on the edge of the forest can the other army shoot at you and can you shoot out?

2nd-With Hindrance does it stack, for example if your target is behind 3 hexes of bush's or fields does that hindrance value stack up so you will end up having like a negative 6 on your firepower??? if not how does hindrance work?

3rd- Just a clarifacation on this one, when shooting at a target and the line of sight barely touch's the forest does that count as blocking it?

Hopefully I don't have to many spelling errors.

thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) LOS and Woods
T99.Woods

MOVE COST: 2
COVER: 2
LOS: Obstacle

Are the woods in an intervening hex, or in the sighting/target hex?
If they are in an intervening hex, they block LOS.

10.1 LOS Checks
Any Obstacle or Hindrance that is in - or part of... - the sighting or target hex will not affect LOS.

2) Hindrance
10.3.3 Hindrance Modifiers
Hindrances are not cumulative: the single largest modifier is used, and this modifier does not become greater if the number of Hindrances between the sighting and target hexes is greater than one.

3. LOS
Same section as above
When making an LOS check, if it "touches the physical depiction of a terrain Obstacle or Hindrance in an intervening hex, that LOS is blocked [10.2] or hindered [10.3], respectively."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Price
msg tools
thanks for the help. That actually clarified it all for us so thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad that helped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three cheers for SCOUTMOM !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chick! Random thought - you going to BGG Con? If so, how about a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stosser
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to thank the regulars on this BGG board for simply answering the OP's questions.
On some other BGG boards, that is not the case. A new player asks a question and get "jumped" and told "read the rules" or "it's in the JKL section, didn't you see it?". zombie
Good on ya, mates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoutmom asked - "you going to BGG Con? If so, how about a game?"

That would be great fun, ScoutMom, but I'll be missing, so be sure to SERIOUSLY WHUP someone else in my stead.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stosser44 wrote:
I'd like to thank the regulars on this BGG board for simply answering the OP's questions....Good on ya, mates!

Chad encourages that we play nice with the newbies. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
That would be great fun, ScoutMom, but I'll be missing, so be sure to SERIOUSLY WHUP someone else in my stead.

pitferret wrote:
Chad encourages that we play nice with the newbies. laugh

Hmmmm...so that means I need to find an EXPERIENCED player to whup at BGG Con. Any takers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yellow card for the Scoutmom! You answer rules questions online, play via Vassal, play at conventions... you're no n00b! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pitferret wrote:
Yellow card for the Scoutmom! You answer rules questions online, play via Vassal, play at conventions... you're no n00b! :laugh:

Look at my number of games played for Combat Commander. I may answer questions, but in total plays, I think I still qualify as a n00b - well, at least a no0b,right? I just had a good teacher!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But why aren't there any tanks???!!???? LOL!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chairman7w wrote:
But why aren't there any tanks???!!???? LOL!!

Because they are all in Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
1) LOS and Woods
T99.Woods

10.1 LOS Checks
Any Obstacle or Hindrance that is in - or part of... - the sighting or target hex will not affect LOS.

2) Hindrance
Hindrances are not cumulative: the single largest modifier is used, and this modifier does not become greater if the number of Hindrances between the sighting and target hexes is greater than one.

3. LOS
Same section as above
When making an LOS check, if it "touches the physical depiction of a terrain Obstacle or Hindrance in an intervening hex, that LOS is blocked [10.2] or hindered [10.3], respectively."

I'm new to CC:E and this thread has helped me too with LOS but I thought of this one. Map #1, can H8 see J6? I'm leaning towards yes because the line does not touch a graphical depiction of the terrain, but technically J6 is is behind I7 and J7 both of which contain woods. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogalDorn wrote:
scoutmom wrote:
1) LOS and Woods
T99.Woods

10.1 LOS Checks

2) Hindrance

3. LOS
Same section as above

I'm new to CC:E and this thread has helped me too with LOS but I thought of this one. Map #1, can H8 see J6? I'm leaning towards yes because the line does not touch a graphical depiction of the terrain, but technically J6 is is behind I7 and J7 both of which contain woods. Thanks!

The LOS is clear between the two. While there are woods on either side of the LOS in the intervening hexes (I7 and J7) your LOS does not trace through them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To simplify: remember, you are only looking for blocking terrain in the hexes BETWEEN the target hex and the shooter's hex. Terrain WITHIN those hexes won't matter in tracing LOS (though it may provide cover to the target).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it as your squad sitting in a small copse of woods with a "U" shaped clearing that they are firing across. LOS is clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.