João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your gun knowledge is required!

Is this video fake? The recoil seems abnormal for a rifle, shouldn't the rifle go up and back instead of just straight back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's a bonus vid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
First video looks like a fake.

Second video is just the age old thing of being afraid of recoil, shes in no where near a proper stance to be firing a .22 much less a 500 mag. Sadly its stupidity and ignorance like this that gets people like her hurt. The cameraman is just as much to blame for allowing her to shoot that powerful of a gun without using proper gun handling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Another bonus (mute the obnoxious music though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll be hard pressed to send me a video that my gun buddies haven't already.

I think the video is real. I hope he broke his f**king jaw. But fake or not, joking around with a deadly weapon is moronic, irresponsible behavior. I find very few of these videos to be funny because it involves putting someone at risk. Improper instruction and careless handling results in accidents that give the anti-gun crowd political ammunition to attempt to restrict the rights of responsible and legal gun owners like me. There are those who will blame the weapon, an inanimate object, before they will blame the irresponsible behavior of disrespecting the physics of a deadly weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a lot of trigger time and I'd say the first is real as well. The rifle looks like maybe a .44-40 or a.35 Marlin maybe; either one or any other similiar large caliber rifle would do that to an idiot like that guy.
I'll echo the comments about this kind of stupidity giving all gun owners a bad name... sigh.

Diis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Looks real to me. Seen it before. When I was a teen me and my dad went out to shoot some cans at a popular spot outside El Paso. There was a group of GI's there from the local Army base drinking beer and shooting.

Anyway, one guy had a .44 revolver and this other guy wanted to shoot it. He grabbed the pistol, squatted down in pre-poop fashion, cocked it and pulled the trigger. The recoil was so violent and his position so idiotic that the pistol jerked back and buried the hammer in his forehead.

His buddies were rolling in the dirt laughing and one of them finally popped the pistol out of the nimrod's head and handed him a beer. They waved at us and pointed at the jerk... who had blood streaming down his face, was grinning like a hyena and sucking down a cold Lone Star.

My dad looked at me, pointed at our truck and said it was time to go home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The recoil seems abnormal for a rifle, shouldn't the rifle go up and back instead of just straight back?

I think it works like this.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So the energy of the bullet leaving the barrel should drive the rifle straight back. The muzzle will rise (as you expected) if the direction of the recoil meets sufficient resistance. (I think the word inertia should be used in here somewhere) Sufficient resistance is usually present when a weapon is held properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.