Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick DeGeest
United States
Fort Pierce
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another game of CoH with my friend Jake. I controlled the Germans and Jake controlled the Russians.

TURN 1- Jake started with a 'Move 2 Hexes' card and sent the KV2 to the woods 2 hexes south of its starting position. Now it had front defense of 20 and flank defense of 18... GREAT! I moved in cautiously sending a scout tank w/transported LMG around the north side of the forest. I then sent the infantry tank and scout tank w/transported rifle squad down around the southern hill. Jake passed so I decided to end the turn instead of using my Med. tank and exhausting myself. Russia-2 Germany-0

TURN 2- I moved the Infantry tank onto the southern hill and used smoke to screen my southern force from the KV2. Then I sent the scout tank w/rifle squad after the Russian SMG which quickly fell back out of LOS. Meanwhile, my LMG moved into the forest and took a position across from the Russian MMG... which also fell back out of LOS. Finally, I brought my Med. tank to assist my scout tank on the north side of the forest but made sure to stay out of the KV2's LOS. Russia-4 Germany-0

TURN 3- With the flak gun about to enter and tanks approaching from 3 sides, Jake decided to move the KV2. He started moving north and I hit it with a 'Mark As Used' card. Using CAPs, he still managed to move the KV2 a few hexes north of the control marker to a position that allowed him to fire on any approach from my northern group. But my Infantry tank was now out of the KV2's LOS so I sent it after the 5-A10 control marker... but it was mined! Apparently the mines were defective because (after a roll of 4) they failed to damage my tank. I was feeling pretty good until Jake activated his hidden AT gun which had a shot at my infantry tank's flank. He played 'Dual Attack' and '+2 FP' to try and obliterate my tank but, thanks to more horrible rolling, only managed 1 hit. Meanwhile, on the south side of the map, I managed 1 hit on the Russian SMG. When Jake passed, I didn't want to let the KV2 come after the control marker so I passed too... ending the turn without bringing in the Flak gun. :what: Russia-4 Germany-2

TURN 4- My scout tank finished off the Russian SMG unit and had enough AP left over to attack the AT gun but missed. Unfortunately, the AT reacted by firing back and connecting... I drew 'Vehicle Destroyed' and sent my tank to the junk pile. It was unfortunate but the real goal was the control marker and I had to focus on that. I decided to bring in the Flak gun but was stopped with the 'Vehicle Immobilized' card as soon as I entered the map. This essentially meant it would useless as I wouldn't have time to place it and fire. Jake turned the AT gun back on my Infantry tank on the control marker so I reacted by getting it out of LOS. Jake then sent the KV2 after my northern group and I didn't have the CAPs to keep everyone out of harms way. He destroyed my scout tank while my med. tank and LMG squad ran away. Russia-7 Germany-5

TURN 5- Jake revealed his truck and used it to take back the 5-A10 control marker. It was destroyed by mines in the process but it put me in a tough position... I was down by 2 points and Jake had control of both markers. Jake took the fight to me by sending the KV2 after my med. tank and LMG squad. With the help of some CAPs and 'Command Action' cards, he chased me down and destroyed my tank but his resources were now extremely low. I got my rifle squad into close range against the AT gun but both sides were unable to hit the other. Now the control markers were my only hope. With my truck & flak gun being virtually worthless, I sent them after the mined control hex. Luck was on my side and they both survived the mines while taking the hex. With victory in sight, I sent my infantry tank after the rear control marker on 5-K10. Unfortunately for me, a hidden Russian rifle unit appeared from nearby and also moved onto the hex. By this point we were both completely out of resources so the hex remained contested.

FINAL:

RUSSIA- 9
GERMANY- 8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice, methodical tactics you've employed. Bad luck with this immobilization. I grieve at your loss!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.