Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The details for Wellycon 09 are falling into place and I am expecting around 80 over the weekend. A big thanks to Peter Freer for producing a fantastic logo for Wellycon at such short notice.

We have three major prizes over the weekend which include two from Seriously Board (http://seriouslyboard.co.nz/) who will be sponsoring the Saturday events at Wellycon. David Taylor (seriouslyboard) has kindly offered up a top ten game such as Through the Ages and a New Zealand Game called Stonewall.

Sunday will see us giving away a copy of Android donated by Frank Eisenhauer (eisenphx) who has recently departed for Europe, but his influence will live on once again at Wellycon.

This year there will also be a special prize draw for those that get around the boards and try a game in every category. More details at the con.

All this and as many games as you can play in two days all for the cost covering price of $5 a day. Heck the petrol to get there will probably cost you more.

Above: Wellycon 08 and the recording for an episode of the podcast The Noise Before Defeat.

I won't be taking any money in advance, but you can register your interest simply by replying to this thread and indicating which days you will be attending. In return for your courageous committment I will ensure you get a personalised nametag in the form of your BGG avatar, so all your BGG friends can recognise you from your avatar and your face. This is a big upgrade on the run of the mill white plastic variety. I'm amped about it. If I don't know you're coming I wont have a badge for you And if you feel a little down because you don't yet have an avatar I will be giving away Geekgold for an avatar at the con aswell. You see everybody wins.

Wellycon 09
St Patricks College
Kilbirnie Wellington
Saturday August 15 : 10am - 10pm
Sunday August 16 : 10am - 4pm
Info: wellycon@gmail.com

Edit: Logo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john morrison
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Hi Andrew,

I'll be at both days of this.

Are there any games that people may like me to bring along? I'm thinking of 1830, Conquest of Paradise, Santiago, Apocolypse, Antike, possibly Titan, Here I Stand, Pax Romana (check my BGG profile for some other games).

cheers,

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrew,

Put me down for both days. Looking forward to the Con. It's on the calendar - we're warming up with a game of Automobile this weekend.

Cheers,

Eric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Truth
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'll be along for both days. Will try and a couple of my flatmates along.

Cheers,

Gynn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know I'll definitely be there for both days. I'll bring a few friends on the Sunday afternoon too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Both days....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be there for the Saturday. We're really looking forward to being there, and super excited to be sponsoring Saturday's events.

As Andrew said, http://seriouslyboard.co.nz will be providing the main prizes for the Saturday. We've deliberately chosen a top 10 title that is not just popular, but also recent, so we will be offering a copy of Le Havre. Along with that, we want to assert our support of the New Zealand gaming industry, so we're also offering a copy of Stonewall.

Additionally, every Wellycon attendee will receive a special offer at http://seriouslyboard.co.nz.

We're really looking forward to putting some faces to names, and to see the event grow bigger and better in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to be there both days!

Thanks, Andy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Freer
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
for sure! I'll bring along Automobile if anyone else is keen for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, I will be there for a few hours on one of the days - probably Sunday afternoon.

I am happy to bring Space Alert (will bring CD -player if people want to have a go) and let others play and leave with Eric (Red Wine Pie). I also have Space Dealer, Industrial Waste - which again I can leave for others to play - and if any one if interested in a short dungeon crawl - the Classic Heroquest - plus a range of kids games - Gulo Gulo, Chicken Cha Cha Cha and Chateau Roquefort. Again happy to bring and leave with Eric.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jeffreys
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be along.

Cheers,
Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there for one day and quite likely both days.

I'll bring Brass: Lancashire and Expedition because they have been popular in the last year or so, plus what ever else takes my fancy and will fit in my bag. Suggestions welcome. I haven't bought much new stuff since last Wellycon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ianne wrote:
I'll be there for one day and quite likely both days.

I'll bring Brass: Lancashire and Expedition because they have been popular in the last year or so, plus what ever else takes my fancy and will fit in my bag. Suggestions welcome. I haven't bought much new stuff since last Wellycon.

Ian, is that an Anderson tartan I see as your logo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mclachlan
New Zealand
Featherston
Wairarapa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there: Hopefully for both days. can't wait last years was great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hubbard
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anna and I will be there.

Among other games we'll be bringing Tichu, as we're always on the lookout for other Tichu players! We'll also bring Dschunke as we've just got it back after 9 months of it being in storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pateke wrote:
Anna and I will be there.

Among other games we'll be bringing Tichu, as we're always on the lookout for other Tichu players! We'll also bring Dschunke as we've just got it back after 9 months of it being in storage.

Have been wanting to learn Tichu for ages... so yes please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up that we've put up a Wellycon blog entry tonight. Here's hoping it brings in a few more interested folk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minty Hunter
New Zealand
Carterton
Wairarapa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, and hopefully have info about the newly-formed New Zealand Games Association (NZGA), which aims to encourage the development of the boardgame industry in Aotearoa New Zealand, from game design & development, through publishing and sales.

That, and play a hell of a lot of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mintyh wrote:
I'll be there, and hopefully have info about the newly-formed New Zealand Games Association (NZGA), which aims to encourage the development of the boardgame industry in Aotearoa New Zealand, from game design & development, through publishing and sales.

That, and play a hell of a lot of games.

Spectacular, Minty! I'll be lapping up all the info you can provide. It was actually on my agenda to form something along those lines, so now that I know that I don't need to put in as much effort, (haha), I'm as keen as a keen thing to soak up all of the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Andy,
I can only make it on the Sunday now. We are having a launch party for our clothing label on the Saturday night. www.robotnation.co.nz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
Hey Andy,
I can only make it on the Sunday now. We are having a launch party for our clothing label on the Saturday night. www.robotnation.co.nz

Shem, I was looking forward to meeting you, but maybe next time. Good luck with the clothing label!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minty Hunter
New Zealand
Carterton
Wairarapa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
mintyh wrote:
I'll be there, and hopefully have info about the newly-formed New Zealand Games Association (NZGA), which aims to encourage the development of the boardgame industry...

It was actually on my agenda to form something along those lines, so now that I know that I don't need to put in as much effort, (haha), I'm as keen as a keen thing to soak up all of the info!

Heh. It's all very nascent, but we're getting there. Mad rush at the moment, but it'll be great to meet you at Wellycon.

My basic premise: there's a whole bunch of interesting, creative, vibrant NZ gamer people out there, from inventors to designers to publishers and FLGSs. We just need a base from which to grow what we love into something bigger, and make it work more efficiently by sharing info rather than all facing the same hurdles individually again and again. Then we'll be taking the steps towards the ultimate goal: being able to play games 23.5 hours a day, and call it a living.

Oh, I've got another theory about games saving the world by raising a generation of creative, imaginative, resilient and strategic kids, but let's save that for when I've had too many cocktails...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minty Hunter
New Zealand
Carterton
Wairarapa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
Hey Andy,

Well, make sure you bring a copy of Linwood for me on Sunday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ugh, such wonderful looking games to play, but I've lost my passport so cant get out of the South Island.

Will definately make an effort for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.