6 Posts

Four Lost Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stacking limits rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
olivier R
France
flag msg tools
Okay in the rules, it says you can stack three units if they belong to the same division OR if they belong to the same russian infantry corps without a leader present. (3.1)

What exactly is a russian infantry corp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
pepe le moko wrote:
Okay in the rules, it says you can stack three units if they belong to the same division OR if they belong to the same russian infantry corps without a leader present. (3.1)

What exactly is a russian infantry corp?

It is the same as the other Corps, but the units will note when the Corp is Cavalry, the rule does not apply to them. So, with the Russians, you can mix and match units for over-stacking.

edit: I meant to state for over-stacking.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olivier R
France
flag msg tools
Thanks Jason

There is another thing I have been wondering about stacking.

Okay so if there is no leader in the hex, you can stack two units and three if there are of the same division. (3.11)

But with a leader present, you can only stack two infantry units together plus three cavalry/arty.(3.12)

Isn't that a bit weird? I mean, infantry units are often your most powerful units and you can stack more of them without leader.

Also in the errata from 7 march 2007 here is what it says :

"Italian 15th division. The inf. brigades of Moroni, St. Andrea and Martel could all stack in the same hex..."

*boggles*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
pepe le moko wrote:
Thanks Jason

There is another thing I have been wondering about stacking.

Okay so if there is no leader in the hex, you can stack two units and three if there are of the same division. (3.11)

But with a leader present, you can only stack two infantry units together plus three cavalry/arty.(3.12)

Isn't that a bit weird? I mean, infantry units are often your most powerful units and you can stack more of them without leader.

Also in the errata from 7 march 2007 here is what it says :

"Italian 15th division. The inf. brigades of Moroni, St. Andrea and Martel could all stack in the same hex..."

*boggles*

My understanding is that this represents the Officer being able to bring to bear and coordinate additional assets and “arms” from the Corp, which can be critical at times. Whereas the Divisional “integrity” allows the division’s subparts to operate as a tightly consolidated force and hence over-stack, which is inherent within the unit itself.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olivier R
France
flag msg tools
Thanks, yes I think I understand, it is just that last example in the errata that is a bit confusing :

from the errata :

-------------------------------------------------------------------
(3.12) EXAMPLE (From Grossbeeren): Italian 15th Division.
The inf. brigades of Moroni, St. Andrea, and Martel could all stack in the same hex.
Should Bertrand enter that hex with the division's artillery, all three infantry brigades may remain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.