Barbarossa: The Russo-German War, 1941-45» Forums » General

Subject: cyberboard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ware
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I understand that S&T have a fairly negative opinion of cyberboard and wondered if there was any change to that, particularly as I would like to replay this game and my copy which I bought last year is falling apart (cat, grubby fingers etc). Does anyone have any news on whether that view is changing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Brunton
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert1 wrote:

I understand that S&T have a fairly negative opinion of cyberboard and wondered if there was any change to that, particularly as I would like to replay this game and my copy which I bought last year is falling apart (cat, grubby fingers etc). Does anyone have any news on whether that view is changing?

Apparently Decision Games is starting development on a pc game based on this board game. They are bringing several of their games to the PC and the intention apparently is to incorporate an AI as well. Here's a link to a discssion on the pc war historical group where this was referenced. The relevant post is about 7 from the top.

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-hist...&

Based on this I would assume that their position regarding Vassal and Cyberboard is unlikely to change.

Best wishes,

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Wright
United States
El Dorado
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A cyberboard gamebox is available on Limey Yank Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.