Subject: Bunker again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Does a bunker crew need to leave a bunker to be able to CC at a unit that enters bunker hex? (Is there a difference in this between attacker entering from front or rear hexes?)
2. If so, is leaving a bunker considered an action? (So the opponent could have reacted?)

I tried hard, but found no answer to these in rules nor in this forum. Didn't want to houserule it not to imbalanc this great scenario. Of course, answering this would clarify a lot. Rules state that bunker crew can leave the bunker for no cost, but it does not precise whether it is an action or not. Of course, it is a BIG difference. (leaving to kill entering ifantry, returning back inside and waiting for another CC attack).
These questions are for Soviet player wanting to end 5th turn with bunker uncontested - extremely important as six points makes big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The crew does not need to leave the bunker to attack in close combat.

If the crew does need to leave the bunker, yes, it is considered an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was a quick replay. Thank you. hope this is official.
My problem about it would be: soldiers coming towards a bunker from rear area are impossible to spot and fire at, they get closer and then can all be destroyed with pretty good chance (7+) in close combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're one hex away, you can fire at the bunker with a +3 FP, and are hitting against the flank of your opponent with no chance of immediate retaliation. That's pretty decent odds. I see it that if you're going onto the same hex as the bunker, it's equivalent to surrounding it.

In Storms of Steel, the bunkers will have different flank and front defense modifiers, which will make attacking from the rear even more beneficial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that bunker crew can CC (and thus easily destroy) attackers that surrounded it from outside bunker's arc of fire is a bit strange. I'm trying to visualise it as throwing grenades from the bunker (I've seen German bunkers with pipes leading towards attackers designed to easily throw grenades exactly where they needed to be thrown)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.