Subject: Testimony evidence on any suspect? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of this a couple of weeks ago, and it was a blast! I even think we played it largely correctly!

One thing I'm strongly doubting now though: we played that testimony evidence could only be placed in the testimony file of the suspect pictured on the testimony token, but after reading the rules I don't actually see that mentioned. The reasoning was that it's a testimony on that particular suspect, if it was a general one and could be placed anywhere, why did they not just make testimony tokens without a face (like the ones on the suspect files themselves)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
One to add flavor (your interviewing actual witnesses/suspects). But two, and most importantly, there are cards that reference these leads. Off the top of my head, there is an Event that places a hit token on all testimonial leads except Vinnie the strangler. If you interview the witness before the end of the 3rd day, the hit tokens disappear for those specific suspects. If they don't get interviewed, the hit tokens transfer to the suspect sheet and suspects could get killed. Once a suspect is killed, that lead is also removed. Hard to track what is going on if all the evidence looks the same!

And to confirm your question, yes, you may interview Vinnie and place the evidence on Noise, for example. Again, you are interviewing actual people so maybe Vinnie said something that exonerated him and was able to frame Noise in this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough, it did seem a bit inflexible the way we played it (what if you end up having to put a -3 on your guilty hunch?). Will make sure to take that into account next time. Thanks for the quick answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is from the rulebook page 5: "Testimony leads each show a picture of one of the six suspects and represent evidence gained from the testimony
of a key witness
"

I would say that you place evidence on the testimony part of that suspect according to the picture and not anyone suspect as you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, someone else who still browses this forum after all this years. I got my copy only this weak, after realizing that it most probably won't ever be translated into german and only played once yet, but I'm pretty sure that you can place testimony evidence on any suspect.

The person you're interrogating just tells you something that incriminates/takes the heat of another suspect.
When you read the part about placing hits it becomes clear, that any suspect that is not the murderer is a key suspect and has important information about the murder.

Also, as Game Knight stated, you'd have to place negative evidence on your guilty hunch half of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I got the game 3 days ago :-) and played it once. I was an epic 6 hour game with 5 players. Unfortunately we didn't have time or energy to read all the flavor after we entered the second week. I was thinking about using timer to fasten the player turns (2 minute per player without reading the flavor text).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm amazed you managed a game in just 6 hours with 5 players. Our first game with two players took 5 hours, and we started skipping the flavor text towards the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
I'm amazed you managed a game in just 6 hours with 5 players. Our first game with two players took 5 hours, and we started skipping the flavor text towards the end.

How did you even play with just two? :S

I just played my first game today (huzzah!) and we finished in under 4 hours (3 players) and that was including rules explanation. Took about 15 mins to pack away though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

The same way as with 3. The rules scale to the number of players.

(A good organizer does shorten the setup and cleanup considerably.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

The same way as with 3. The rules scale to the number of players.

(A good organizer does shorten the setup and cleanup considerably.)

Fair enough; I was just thrown as the game states 3-5 players. I've since seen quite a few comments here that say it plays just fine with two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.