Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Jones
United States
Land O Lakes
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Omega Virus, as it is designed, is meant to have only one winner. The whole point is to gain control of the space facility for your country by defeating the Omega Virus. To do so, you can fire at the other players and destroy their probe droid, keys, and other devices, thereby disrupting their chances at gaining control of the space station first. This, for my six year old and eight year old, can be a little too cut throat. So, to make the game more enjoyable for us, we play a sort of co-operative game.

First, we make a pact not to shoot at each other.
Second, we assign the same "Secret Code" for all of us, such as "22".
Third, we assist each other in listening for the secret code and alert everyone which room the Omega Virus is hiding in.
Last, we do anything we can to assist other players in defeating the Omega Virus. This includes passing on our turn when down to under one minute left so that those who have all of the devices needed to defeat the Omega Virus can get to the appropriate room and key in the code.

Believe it or not, on the medium and hard levels, this is still challenging. And we can all rejoice in our mutual victory when we hear the Omega Virus sputtering "I am term-i-nat-ed".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun.

Maybe this should be posted under Variants instead though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Philo
badge
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea!

I'm going to try this with my copy. cool

I'm missing 3 of the droids, but I can use stand-ins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United States
Land O Lakes
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K_I_T wrote:
Good idea!

I'm going to try this with my copy. cool

I'm missing 3 of the droids, but I can use stand-ins.

You can get replacement parts from www.boardgamesrus.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I have co-opted this game as well with the exact same method and my three boys love it. This is quite the gem for team-building between young brothers.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read this today after bringing it out and taking it to my church game night last night. Glad to know others are still playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was an official variant in the rulebook...? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm probably wrong. I don't remember countries either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.