Subject: Half an hour per player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really interested in the game, but want to get a better sense of how long it takes to teach the game and how long it plays.

I see in the rules that you can play to fewer points to shorten the game.

Someone wrote in their review that you could shave time from the game by making the goal to get 20 points but without predetermined goals (total, not X story points and Y destiny points).

Any other ways to make this game a 90 - 120 minute adventure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played by the standard rules, it was around half an hour per player, and we hadn't played the game before. Our one player had read the rules (or played the old version of the game long ago) and explained the game in less than 5 minutes. The game takes very little explanation up front. We had someone join our game part way through, and we gave him a 30 second blurb about how it plays, and then just explained his options when it was his turn for the next couple of turns. He had the idea in no time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I recently acted as the sole Reader for a game with my wife, mom, sister and nephew. It took about 2.5 hours but a good portion of that was conversation and slight interruptions. My mom ended up winning.

I would say that 30 minutes per player on subsequent plays with little interruptions sounds accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Burd
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how people knock this game out that quickly. I played a fairly focused 3-player game tonight (we already knew the rules, and played 3 days ago, so it was fresh in our memory) that went about 3 hours. I would estimate that we might have been able to shave off another 30 minutes, TOPS, with less conversation (read: fun) and if I had not taken the uneaten snacks back into the kitchen.

The previous game, with rules explanation, was 5 players. We had to cut it short, and were playing to 15. After 3.5 hours, only one player was within a few turns of possibly winning, the rest were still pretty far off.

In my experience, this game plays closer to 45 minutes or 1 hour per player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.