9 Posts

Warhammer Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Can anyone rent me this game or sell it to me? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Driscoll
msg tools
mb
Can anyone rent me this game or sell it to me? I really want to try it out, I live in Montreal but will pay for shipping if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best bet is to look around on eBay for a copy. Just take your time, as there are always copies showing up every week, and if you're patient, you can find one for a good price.
I managed to snag mine for $200 US, which is reasonable for this treasure.

Now, the expansions on the other hand...that's where it gets really pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Driscoll
msg tools
mb
It would just suck to pay that much and I don't like it...

I have someone selling it but he said he's missing a few figurines a chance token and a few dice, I assume this is still ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The minis can always be replaced with something else.
Dice are easy to acquire, and the token I wouldn't even worry about; a glass bead or penny will work just fine.

The thing with the price is understandable, and $200 is just a little over double what this game originally cost me in 1995. So, considering how desirable it is, I find $200 for a complete, mint condition game very reasonable.

What's Descent cost now for the base game? $100? In comparison, it's really not that bad considering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
100$ ???
Got mine for 50$ or so and Im pretty sure it wasnt on sale. (Dont have it on hand so can't check the box...)

I'd suggest trying to find a copy of the rulebook in PDF format and glance through that to see if its the sort of game you'd like or not.

It sits somewhere between the Warhammer RPG and Hero Quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Driscoll
msg tools
mb
I can trade Descent for this game, even as a loaner and I'll pay shipping for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Parker
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you're at all a fan of dungeon crawls you more than likely will love this game and find it well worth the price. You can actually print out the expansions if you can find all the material online, it may take a bit of work but it isn't to expensive to do it that way.

I really hate to say it but ever since I got WHQ my shiny fully painted descent set with all expansions hasn't gotten off the shelf, and for the most part neither has anything else....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
100$ ???
Got mine for 50$ or so and Im pretty sure it wasnt on sale. (Dont have it on hand so can't check the box...)

I'd suggest trying to find a copy of the rulebook in PDF format and glance through that to see if its the sort of game you'd like or not.

It sits somewhere between the Warhammer RPG and Hero Quest.

In Canada Descent will cost you $100. Or more.
Even with eTailer discounts, the cost of shipping up here doesn't even make it worth it.
The only reason I still shop at my LGS is because shipping from the US to Canada is very expensive. So much so, that paying full MSRP up here equates to about the same as paying shipping for such a heavy game with a discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
obviously you werent looking at the marketplace recently. i just sold mine on here for 185.00 COMPLETE. it was snatched up in 2 days.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.