mount laurel
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Synopsis:

Evil always wins.sauronsauronsauronsauronsauronsauronsauron

Setting:
AllThingsFun in Voorhees, New Jersey for the weekly boardgame night.

Cast of Characters:
The Cheese (Myself) as Admiral Adama
Olsack as Starbuck
Danedarkblade as Gaius Frakking Balatar
12 year old Boy as Apollo
12 year old Girl as President Roslin
New Guy (30ish) as Helio

The Story:

We decide to break out and play BSG..We have all played the game except for Helio (this is his first play). To start I am not a cylon..
I am a loyal meat sack to the human cause.The first couple of turns are uneventfulThen we get a crisis card that only red or blue can contribute to it’s success It gets to Apollo, who proclaims that he was not adding any cards because President Roslin made him discard three cards on a previous crisis. Can you say cylon???....We fail that check.Now all eyes are on the toaster boy..
On Starbucks turn he draws the crisis card that if we pass the current player can throw someone in the brig.. We pass it with the help of an investigative committe. Starbuck throws toaster boy into the brig.It was pretty funny watching him try to get out. We get early jumps and I get stuck with a dilemma of choosing where our ride should go…All of our stats are in the blue and if we make it halfway, the sympathizer will be permanently on the side of the metal heads. We are currently at 2 and I pull a 3 and 1…The 3 is cylon ambush, so we would start with base star and raiders already in play. The one is fuel reconnaissance…I decide to go with the one to give us more time to get one of the stats down into the red...
On Gaius’s turn he pulls from the crisis pile a setup…we get a base star to the rear some raiders and a heavy raider. Starbuck is next up….He goes to communications looks at the civilian ships and moves them to raiders locations…And then on his crisis the raiders activate, our population takes a big hit. He then Proclaims, “Being Evil is Good!!” Our good President Laura has an arrest order and brigs this toaster very quickly. We get the FTL revved up fast and I jump us early with the help of a strategic planning, I felt the need to get out of there outweighed the need for the sympathizer to only be brigged (how wrong was I).
We are at 5 on the distance location.The revealed sympathizer is Gaius Frakking Baltar..He heads to the evil side (high-fiving his buddy)…We then get pretty unlucky with crisis cards…We have to blow through a lot of our cards in hand to pass the crisis card.We also get another Cylon setup card. At this point, we face a really high skill check on a crisis we must pass….The Prez plays a committee and I play my whole hand into the check…We pass the check and then I COMMAND AUTHORITY…That was a huge play.We would be able to pass any skill check….There was one problem we overlooked, the fact that there still was one unrevealed cylon player…We get to Gaius Frakking Baltar’s turn and he passes me one of his loyalty card…and wouldn’t you know, I was a cylon.
On Apollo’s turn (he escaped the brig last turn) he heads out in his viper to go after the raiders that are bearing down on the human population. He draws a destiny and it’s the type where if the humans fail they lose morale and go back one on the FTL track. This was a huge crisis. The president plays a committee. The president plays her cards and then I play 5 bad cards….They then knew their plans were for nothing…The end was near for them…They fail the skill check…lose a morale and go back one on the FTL trackrobot. President Laura’s turn, she attempts to brig me. I cant help to stop them. My cylon brethren do their part and destiny is on my side….They fail the brig attempt….Raiders activate at the end of the presidents turn and go after Apollo…He has some evasive maneuvers but I have enough strategic planning to help put Apollo in sickbay. On my turn I go to communications and move the civilian ships to the raiders….I also get the skill check where the admiral chooses either -2 population or -1 population -1 fuel…..I hit the population knocking them down 4…Helio on his turn successfully brigs me… Raiders activate taking the population to 2….Starbucks turn another setup and more civilian ships are placed on the table...The end is near…There is no way out for the water bags…raiders activate on President Laura’s turn wiping out the rest of the human population…Evil then is cheering…basically we did what evil always does…we beat up on young and new players….We went for the jugular. BSG sure does bring out the best in all of us….I could of swore I heard a cylon player say, “Yes your tears are so sweet.”devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Maiz
United States
Palmyra
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like I picked a bad week to miss the wed night game session

Glad you guys had fun- I showed my wife the game before we had to leave- hinting at a future b-day gift

See you next week and good sessions report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Are you sure you can play strategic planning to help the raiders? Maybe rereading the card will confirm this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LNAGary wrote:
Are you sure you can play strategic planning to help the raiders? Maybe rereading the card will confirm this.

This is OK, Strategic Planning adds 2 to any roll, including those for Cylon Attacks, so you can play for the raiders if you are a Cylon and haven't yet revealed yourself, as was the case here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice concise report - good read. You might take the time to "learn" the names of the people you are playing with - lol - 12 year old girl - 12 year old boy - 30ish guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to play with Alexfrog and SevenSpirits. They changed up the game because it was too easy for the humans.

And Voorhees: All I remember is that they had a really good choir with some um, cute ones in it. Met a bunch of them being an A.S.S.*

*All State Singer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven colby
United States
mount laurel
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:
Nice concise report - good read. You might take the time to "learn" the names of the people you are playing with - lol - 12 year old girl - 12 year old boy - 30ish guy.

I really am terrible at remembering names...but I can remember screen names better. Atthe store theres Msupacman, gameguru, laughingman, striker511....etc etc....but you are right maybe I should learn their names next time

by the way come out to allthingsfun if you live in new jersey its so much fun and friendly....only rule is youhave to play an in-print game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.